Subject: [Dime] AD Review for draft-jones-dime-3gpp-eps-command-codes-01

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Feb 2009 12:34:38 +0100

I have reviewed this AD-sponsored individual submission I-D. I believe
that it is ready for IETF Last Call. The comments below can be treated
as Last Call comments and dealt with together with the other IETF Last
Call comments. 

1. It would be useful to explain in a few words what is the scope of the
3GPP S6a and 3GPP S13 applications - the current descriptions in the I-D
(vendor-specific application id ...) say nothing about the
functionality. For example: 'The S6a application describes the
subscriber information between MME and HSS as defined in section 5 of
[TS29.272]', 'The S13 application enables the ME identity check
procedure between the MME and the EIR as defined in section 6 of
[TS29.272]'. 
2. In section 4 in the table of command codes values that will be
requested from IANA add '3GPP' to the name of each command in order to
avoid confusions and names clashes with other similar requests that may
be made to IANA. For example '3GPP-Update-Location-Request', etc. 
3. The name of the document referred by [TS29.272] seems to have changed
since the submission of the I-D. Please use the most recent name. 

Dan