Subject: [Dime] RFC 3588 query

From: Pankaj Gupta <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 20:07:08 +0530

Hi,

I have a query in DIAMETER base application RFC 3588.

Its regarding the Accounting state machine to be observed by the client.
There is a state called "PendingB" which is to be used when the record was
stored and need to be sent at some later time (assuming peer connection went
down). Now, consider the scenario mentioned below:

Current state: PendingI,

Event: Failure to send and (buffer space available or old record can be
overwritten) and realtime not equal to DELIVER_AND_GRANT.

Action: Store Interim record,

Final state: Open.

Now, when the state is "open", there is no mention of how and when the
stored Interim record would be sent to the server as the event "Records in
storage" is not handled in the Open state.

So, is there no requirement of standardizing this behavior? has it been left
to the implementers to define the behavior?

Best Regards,

Pankaj