Subject: [Dime] Diameter QoS Parameter -- DECISION TO MAKE

From: "Hannes Tschofenig" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2009 11:25:08 +0200

Hi all, 

we have a normative reference in the Diameter QoS parameter draft 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-qos-parameters-09.txt
pointing to http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-emergency-rsvp-11

Yesterday, Magnus posted a mail to the TSVWG list that
draft-ietf-tsvwg-emergency-rsvp-11.txt is having a lot of problems getting
through the IESG and the document bounced back to the working group. The
mail can be found here: 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tsvwg/current/msg09070.html

Now, there is the risk of considerable delay in publication of our Diameter
QoS parameter document as it will be blocked (for potentially a long time).
Since the Diameter QoS attribute and the Diameter QoS application document
normatively depend on the QoS parameter document they will be blocked as
well. 

So, I have been thinking of what we could do to deal with this issue and
here is a proposal to the group. 

***************
My proposal is to move the priority parameters (Priority AVP,
Admission-Priority AVP, and ALRP AVP) into a separate document and to
progress them independently to get the main part of the Diameter QoS
parameters document finalized. 
***************

Please let me know if you find this idea acceptable. Please respond as
quickly as possible!

Ciao
Hannes

PS: We would have to find an editor and authors for that the new document
that contains the priority parameters but we can worry about that part
larter.