Subject: [Dime] RFC 5447 on Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for Network Access Server to Diameter Server Interaction

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2009 11:42:58 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5447

        Title:      Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for 
                    Network Access Server to Diameter Server 
                    Interaction 
        Author:     J. Korhonen, Ed.,
                    J. Bournelle, H. Tschofenig,
                    C. Perkins, K. Chowdhury
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       February 2009
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      17
        Characters: 38656
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dime-mip6-integrated-12.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5447.txt

A Mobile IPv6 node requires a home agent address, a home address, and
a security association with its home agent before it can start
utilizing Mobile IPv6.  RFC 3775 requires that some or all of these
parameters be statically configured.  Mobile IPv6 bootstrapping work
aims to make this information dynamically available to the mobile
node.  An important aspect of the Mobile IPv6 bootstrapping solution
is to support interworking with existing Authentication,
Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) infrastructures.  This document
describes MIPv6 bootstrapping using the Diameter Network Access
Server to home AAA server interface.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Diameter Maintanence and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute