Subject: [Dime] FW: draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split-16.txt

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 12:39:03 +0200

Have these comments been addressed? 

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Donald Eastlake
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2009 5:49 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; David Frascone; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split-16.txt

I have reviewed this document as part of the security directorate's
ongoing effort to review all IETF documents being processed by the IESG.
Document editors and WG chairs should treat these comments just like any
other last call comments.

This document primarily specifies the interaction between a Mobile IP
Home Agent and a Diameter server when an IPv6 Mobile Mode wants to
bootstrap its operations dynamically through interaction between its
Home Agent and the Diameter server of a Mobile Service Provider.

General: I'm always a bit suspicious of draft that include several
options and alternatives. These at least make the document more complex
and increase the probability that some security flaw in one of the
options/alternatives will be overlooked.

Security: The Security Considerations section of this draft is pretty
short and primarily refers to the Security Considerations of three other
RFCs. It appears that the referenced documents, particularly RFC
5026 and the RFCs referenced by the Securities Considerations section of
RFC 5026, are adequate.

Nits:

Given that the first two messages in the Figure 2 message flow diagram
are annotated "(1)" and "(2)", it would seem like a good idea to add
those annotations at an appropriate place in the subsequent text.

"a IKEv2" -> "an IKEv2".

First paragraph of 5.1: "a number AVPs" -> "a number of AVPs".

Second paragraph of 5.2.1: "with a replay protection related
information" -> "with replay protection related information".

9.5: "values" -> "value".

10: "in in" -> "in".

Thanks,
Donald

=============================
 Donald E. Eastlake 3rd   +1-508-634-2066 (home)
 155 Beaver Street
 Milford, MA 01757 USA
 [email-masked]

---

From: jouni korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2009 14:36:48 +0300

Hi Dan,

No they have not as I have not received the email (my email is wrong  
in that). I can take a look at them shortly.

Cheers,
	Jouni

On Apr 14, 2009, at 1:39 PM, Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> DiME mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime