Subject: [Dime] Protocol Action: 'Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for Home Agent to Diameter Server Interaction' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 06:42:10 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for Home Agent to Diameter Server 
   Interaction '
   <draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split-17.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-mip6-split-17.txt

Technical Summary

   This document specifies the interactions between the Mobile IP Home
Agent and the Diameter server (AAA) in the case where the network access
service and the mobility service is not in the same administrative domain.
The purpose of the interactions is to bootstrap the mobile node from the
MSP as part of the authentication and/or authorization process.

    The document defines new diameter applications to support IKEv2 and
MIPv6 authentication protocol. It defines diameter messages, AVPs and
command codes to carry the authentication, authorization and bootstrapping
attributes.

Working Group Summary

  There was consensus in the WG to publish the document.

Document Quality

  The document has been sent for review to MEXT. This document is part of
the solution for Mobile IPv6 bootstrapping problem defined in RFC 4640. It
has received extensive reviews from DIME WG members. Donald Eastlake
pwerformed the Security Review. 

Personnel

Victor Fajardo is the document shepherd, Dan Romascanu the Shepherding
AD.

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 16:43:39 +0200

Congratulations to the editors, shepherd, chairs and to the whole
working group for the approval of this standard.

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
The IESG
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2009 4:42 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: Internet Architecture Board; dime mailing list; dime chair; RFC
Editor
Subject: [Dime] Protocol Action: 'Diameter Mobile IPv6: Support for Home
Agent to Diameter Server Interaction' to Proposed Standard

Technical Summary

service and the mobility service is not in the same administrative
domain.

    The document defines new diameter applications to support IKEv2 and
MIPv6 authentication protocol. It defines diameter messages, AVPs and
command codes to carry the authentication, authorization and
bootstrapping attributes.

Working Group Summary

Document Quality

  The document has been sent for review to MEXT. This document is part
of the solution for Mobile IPv6 bootstrapping problem defined in RFC
4640. It has received extensive reviews from DIME WG members. Donald
Eastlake pwerformed the Security Review. 

Personnel

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime