Subject: [Dime] WGLC comment on rfc3588bis: section 11

From: "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 14:19:57 +0700

Section 11.4, Paragraph 2 says

   IANA [RFC5226] has assigned the range 0x00000001 to 0x00ffffff for
   standards-track applications; and 0x01000000 - 0xfffffffe for vendor
   specific applications, on a first-come, first-served basis.  The
   following values are allocated.

RFC 5226 is not a definition of IANA, it contains guidelines regarding
policies for namespaces managed by the IANA.  Suggest changing this to:

   IANA has allocated the range 0x00000001 to 0x00ffffff for
   standards-track applications; and 0x01000000 - 0xfffffffe for vendor-  
   specific applications, on a first-come, first-served basis.  The
   following values are assigned in this document:

Also, I can't see why the reference to BCP 26 in section 11. isn't
sufficient for the whole section; the constant referencing of RFC 5226 seems
redundant and distracting to me.

~gwz

Play assigns meaning to human activity--work erases it.
  -- P.L. Wilson

---

From: Victor Fajardo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jun 2009 09:23:09 -0400

Hi Glen,

>    following values are assigned in this document:

thanks for catching this.

> redundant and distracting to me.

Ok. we can clean that up.

I'll try posting a new bis version once the last call completes.

regards,
victor