Subject: [Dime] ERP/Routing Issue ?

From: Julien Bournelle <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 09:15:50 +0200

Hi all,

 Let's start a thread on the so-called routing issue
within ERP to see if we agree on the problem statement.

 Let's take the roaming scenario. We have on the path for
the initial authentication (simple scenario): the peer (eap/erp),
the NAS, a AAA proxy and the AAA/EAP server.

 Let's assume that AAA and EAP server are colocated.

 To authenticate the peer, the NAS creates a Diameter
session with the AAA proxy. The AAA proxy creates a
session the home AAA/EAP server. The EAP authentication occurs.

 If the peer moves to a new NAS (target NAS), the t_NAS will
create a new Diameter session with a AAA proxy. If we have
different AAA proxies, it may contact another AAA proxy than the
one on the initial path. If some ERP keying material was sent to
the initial AAA proxy, we have a problem because the target NAS
has currently no way to contact the correct AAA proxy.

 If we have only one AAA proxy, we don't have problem.

 Before going further, can we agree on this ?

 Regards,

 Julien