Subject: [Dime] Diameter query for mobility anchor resolution

From: Marco Liebsch <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 16:59:16 +0200

Hello,

during last IETF, I got the chance to present an idea about mobility anchor
resolution by means of a Diameter Server query 
(draft-liebsch-dime-pmip6-lmaresolve-00.txt).
One use case I referred to was the resolution of mobile nodes' Home 
Network Prefix
into the routable address of its mobility anchor. Such function is 
needed to coordinate route
optimization in Proxy Mobile IPv6 where state information of mobile 
nodes can be
distributed between multiple mobility anchors. During the meeting we 
discussed also the
possibility to add a general query mechanism to Diameter to support such 
resolution.

Regarding the example use case from above, the NetExt WG has been formed 
now and
has route optimization (aka localized routing) on its charter. Two 
individual drafts
for localized routing refer to the need of anchor resolution:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-loureiro-netext-pmipv6-ro-00.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-wu-netext-local-ro-02.txt

Since DIME is about to update its charter, I'd like to point to the 
abovementioned topic again,
which may be of interest to the group.

marco