Subject: Re: [Dime] comments on draft-tsou-dime-realm-based-redirect-00

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 14:02:21 -0400

Jouni, I'd be interested in what you mean by a back-to-back type solution. Can 
you give more details?

jouni korhonen wrote:
> Well.. I don't personally know of any concrete requirements, yet. 
> However, a plethora of (mobile) operators have just started to work on 
> their Diameter based roaming recommendations (LTE roaming), so I would 
> say that not too many (mobile) operator has yet realized what they will 
> exactly need at Diameter level.
> 
> Still, the concept proposed by this draft could be an useful tool. Not 
> necessarily in the "problem context" the draft presents and the solution 
> could be different. One thing I was thinking here is whether the 
> redirection could be achieved transparently. For example a back-to-back 
> type solution could probably work and would not require support from 
> originating hosts or agents beyond those doing the redirection..
> 
> Cheers,
>     Jouni
> 
...