Subject: [Dime] FW: DISCUSS: draft-ietf-dime-qos-attributes

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 16:16:53 +0200

One more DISCUSS to address. 

Regards,

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Magnus Westerlund
Sent: Thursday, July 02, 2009 5:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked];
[email-masked]
Subject: DISCUSS: draft-ietf-dime-qos-attributes 

Discuss:
Please provide a normative reference to the formal lagnuage (notation)
you are using in the document to describe the rules. Two IESG statements
are relevant to this:

http://www.ietf.org/IESG/STATEMENTS/pseudo-code-in-specs.txt
http://www.ietf.org/IESG/STATEMENTS/syntax-format-def.txt

There are also missing references to imported definitions, like address
in section 4.1.7.2

Section 5.1:

I can't really understand how one can define actions without actually
defining what one should do and how to provide the information necesaray
for the action. Both Shaping and Marking clearly needs to define how the
actions are going to be carried out and what the parameters are. 

Section 10.1:

The registry for where the registration is going to happen is not really
specified: I assume that the registry intended is:

"Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) Parameters" : "AVP
codes" but that is not clear. Please write out the registries names.

Section 10.2 and 10.3: Also here the clarify of what the registration
request is for is not clear. I assume that you are requesting to add a
new registry for "AVP specific values" under the "Authentication,
Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) Parameters" page. 

Can you make this clear so it is easier to find the correct registries
in the future.