Subject: [Dime] FW: I-D Action:draft-huang-dime-pcn-collection-00.txt

From: "Glen Zorn" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 20:37:48 +0700

FYI

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, July 06, 2009 8:30 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: I-D Action:draft-huang-dime-pcn-collection-00.txt 

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts
directories.

	Title           : The Diameter Precongestion Notification (PCN) Data
Collection Application
	Author(s)       : F. Huang, G. Zorn
	Filename        : draft-huang-dime-pcn-collection-00.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2009-07-06

Pre-Congestion notification (PCN) is a technique for maintaining QoS for
inelastic flows in a DIFFServ domain.  The PCN architecture requires that
egress nodes send reports of congestion-related events (flow admission state
change, excess flow) reliably to a policy decision point.  The ITU-T is
working on a variant of this architecture which places the policy decision
point in a central node rather than ingress or egress nodes of the network.
In this case the policy decision point must request and obtain certain data
from an ingress node when it receives an excess flow report affecting that
ingress node.  This memo defines a Diameter application to support egress
node reporting and data collection from the ingress node.  The nature of the
data flows requires the policy decision point to act both as server and as
client.  Hence this memo draws upon the precedent established by the Rw
application (RFC 5431 and ITU-T Recommendation Q.3303.3).

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-huang-dime-pcn-collection-00.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.