Subject: [Dime] draft-ietf-dime-erp-01

From: Sebastien Decugis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 18:44:13 +0900

Hello all,

A new version of Diameter ERP document has just been submitted. It
should appear soon in the draft repository [1].

The main changes from the previous version are:

- We define a new Diameter Application for ERP (as decided during last
IETF meeting). This allows the routing of Diameter messages containing
ERP payload to the appropriate realm and server, and permits more
flexibility in the deployment of ERP : with the previous design from
version -00, the ER server had to be  collocated with the EAP server
(note: it was not written clearly in the document, but it was the only
working situation), which might result in some deployment and
scalability issues. This change has a profound impact on the way
Diameter ERP works, and explains why so much content has changed in the
document.

- The format of the newly defined AVP has also changed: we now define
two grouped AVP to transport the key request and key material. Grouped
AVP allow a more efficient parsing of the message, and keeps the
correlation of related information such as key name, key lifetime...

- A section "Open Issues" has been added. It lists the major design
challenges remaining on Diameter ERP, to be completed and addressed...

Thank you,
Best regards,
Sebastien.

[1] http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dime-erp-01

-- 
Sebastien Decugis
Research fellow
Network Architecture Group
NICT (nict.go.jp)

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 08:12:27 -0700 (PDT)

----- Original Message ----
> From: Sebastien Decugis <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Sent: Friday, August 28, 2009 4:44:13 AM
> Subject: [Dime] draft-ietf-dime-erp-01
> 
> Hello all,
> 

Sebastien, I noticed that you included Session-Id into the open issues. I thought we had already discussed this on the list and clarified it.
I don't think it should be an open issue.

Regards,

Behcet

---

From: Sebastien Decugis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 Sep 2009 11:12:45 +0900

Hello Behcet,

> I don't think it should be an open issue.
Are you referring to this mail (and following)?
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dime/current/msg03678.html

If I understood correctly, this thread discussed the session identifier
used by EAP during an EAP authentication. AFAIK, this is not related to
the Diameter Session-Id AVP. The Diameter Session-Id AVP is described in
RFC3588. The open issue of the document concerns the content of the
Diameter Session-Id AVP.

Does this clarifies? If I am mistaken, please let me know.

Best regards,
Sebastien.