Subject: [Dime] FW: Protocol Action: 'Diameter User-Name and Realm Based RequestRouting Clarifications' to Proposed Standard

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 16:55:45 +0100

Congratulations to the editors, chairs and the whole WG for achieving
this milestone. 

Regards,

Dan

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
The IESG
Sent: Monday, October 26, 2009 5:47 PM
To: IETF-Announce
Cc: Internet Architecture Board; dime mailing list; dime chair; RFC
Editor
Subject: [Dime] Protocol Action: 'Diameter User-Name and Realm Based
RequestRouting Clarifications' to Proposed Standard

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Diameter User-Name and Realm Based Request Routing Clarifications '
   <draft-ietf-dime-nai-routing-04.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-nai-routing-04.txt

Technical Summary

This specification defines the behavior required of Diameter agents to
route requests when the User-Name Attribute Value Pair contains a
Network Access Identifier formatted with multiple realms. These
multi-realm or "Decorated" Network Access Identifiers are used in order
to force the routing of request messages through a predefined list of
mediating realms.

Working Group Summary

The document fixes a small technical aspect and hence it sailed smoothly
through the DIME group.

Document Quality

This document is the product of the DIME working group.
The current implementation status of this specification is, however,
unknown. Implementations are expected to arrive to arrive when larger
Diameter deployments utilize the RFC 4282 based NAI format.

Personnel

Hannes Tschofenig is the document shepherd for this document.
Dan Romascanu is the responsible AD.

RFC Editor Note

Please remove RFC3588bis from the Updates line in the header of the
document.

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime