Subject: [Dime] evolving draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-00

From: "Frank Brockners (fbrockne)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 13:35:59 +0200

Hi Folks,

just wanted to follow up on the status & planned evolution of the
Diameter NAT Control Application (i.e. draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-00).
The study of existing NAT control protocols
(draft-brockners-nat-control-protocols-review-00.txt) which was
requested by multiple folks and which was presented at the last meeting
revealed a couple of control capabilities for NAT, that the DNCA would
benefit from as well. We could take those as the starting point for
further evolving the document. Any additional suggestions and comments
are of course highly appreciated.

For the next revision of the document, the proposal would be to add in
the two most obvious capabilities which DNCA currently lacks, i.e.
a) support for Twice-NAT (Twice-NAT is defined in RFC2663)
b) support for transport specific bindings

a) would result in the addition of an AVP to NCR (the request to create
a session) to indicate the direction of a binding; whereas b) could be
covered by introducing an AVP into the respective commands indicating
whether the binding is for UDP or TCP.

Appreciate your thoughts.

Thanks, Frank