Subject: [Dime] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 10:45:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Diameter NAT Control Application
	Author(s)	: F. Brockners, V. Singh, S. Bhandari, V. Fajardo
	Filename	: draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-01.txt
	Pages		: 40
	Date		: 2009-10-26
	
This document describes the framework, messages, and procedures for
   the Diameter NAT Control Application (DNCA), allowing for per-
   endpoint control of large scale NAT devices, which are put in place
   to cope with IPv4-address space completion.  The Diameter NAT Control
   Application allows external devices to configure and manage a Large
   Scale NAT (LSN) device - expanding the existing Diameter-based AAA
   and policy control capabilities with a NAT control component.  These
   external devices can be network elements in the data plane such as a
   Network Access Server (NAS), or can be more centralized control plane
   devices such as AAA-servers.  DNCA establishes a context to commonly
   identify and manage endpoints on a gateway or server, and a large
   scale NAT device.  This includes, for example, the control of the
   total number of NAT-bindings allowed or the allocation of a specific
   NAT-binding for a particular endpoint.  In addition, it allows large
   scale NAT devices to provide information relevant to accounting
   purposes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-01.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.