Subject: [Dime] I-D Action:draft-ietf-dime-extended-naptr-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 10:45:02 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Diameter S-NAPTR Usage
	Author(s)       : M. Jones, et al.
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dime-extended-naptr-05.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-02-09

The Diameter base protocol specifies mechanisms whereby a given realm
may advertise Diameter nodes and the supported transport protocol.
However, these mechanism do not reveal the Diameter applications that
each node supports.  A peer outside the realm would have to perform a
Diameter capability exchange with every node until it discovers one
that supports the required application.  This document describes an
improvement using an extended format for the Straightfoward-NAPTR
(S-NAPTR) Application Service Tag that allows for discovery of the
supported applications without doing Diameter capability exchange
beforehand.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-extended-naptr-05.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.

---

From: Mark Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2011 13:52:48 -0500

This revision incorporates the comments received during WGLC:
 - Rename to "Diameter S-NAPTR Usage".
 - Added "aaa" service tag entry.
 - Add editor's note section detailing edits required if 3588bis is
published first.

Please let me know if I have not addressed your comments to your satisfaction.

Thanks
Mark

On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 1:45 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> DiME mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime
>
>