Subject: [Dime] [dime] #20: no accounting model specified

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2011 06:47:49 -0000

#20: no accounting model specified

 RFC 3588bis says in Section 9.3 that

    Applications have the option of using one or both of the following
    accounting application extension models:

    Split Accounting Service

       The accounting message will carry the Application Id of the
       Diameter base accounting application (see Section 2.4).
       Accounting messages maybe routed to Diameter nodes other than the
       corresponding Diameter application.  These nodes might be
       centralized accounting servers that provide accounting service for
       multiple different Diameter applications.  These nodes MUST
       advertise the Diameter base accounting Application Id during
       capabilities exchange.

    Coupled Accounting Service

       The accounting messages will carry the Application Id of the
       application that is using it.  The application itself will process
       the received accounting records or forward them to an accounting
       server.  There is no accounting application advertisement required
       during capabilities exchange and the accounting messages will be
       routed the same as any of the other application messages.

 However, RFC 4005 uses neither of these models, specifying that

 Diameter applications conforming to this specification MUST advertise
    support by including the value of one (1) in the Auth-Application-Id
    of the Capabilities-Exchange-Request (CER), AA-Request (AAR), and AA-
    Answer (AAA) messages.  All other messages use the Base application
    id value [I-D.ietf-dime-rfc3588bis].

 This seems incorrect.

-- 
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  gwz@…               |       Owner:     
     Type:  defect              |      Status:  new
 Priority:  major               |   Milestone:     
Component:  rfc4005bis          |     Version:     
 Severity:  Active WG Document  |    Keywords:     
--------------------------------+-------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/20>
dime <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>