Subject: [Dime] Protocol Action: 'The Diameter Capabilities Update Application' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dime-capablities-update-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 07:13:19 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'The Diameter Capabilities Update Application'
  (draft-ietf-dime-capablities-update-07.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-capablities-update/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a new Diameter application and associated
   command codes.  The Capabilities Update application is intended to
   allow the dynamic update of certain Diameter peer capabilities while
   the peer-to-peer connection is in the open state.

Working Group Summary

   There was consensus in the WG to publish the document.

Document Quality

   This document has been reviewed and commented by key people
   in the Dime WG. 

Personnel

   Lionel Morand is the Document Shepherd for this document.
   Dan Romascanu is the Responsible Area Director.