Subject: [Dime] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-29.txt> (Diameter Base Protocol) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 08:05:46 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Diameter Maintenance and
Extensions WG (dime) to consider the following document:
- 'Diameter Base Protocol'
  <draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-29.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The document was already last-called, but because of the extensive and
non-editorial changes it went through, the editors, document shepherd 
and Area Director decided to submit it again to broad IETF review. 

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2011-09-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Diameter base protocol is intended to provide an Authentication,
   Authorization and Accounting (AAA) framework for applications such as
   network access or IP mobility in both local and roaming situations.
   This document specifies the message format, transport, error
   reporting, accounting and security services used by all Diameter
   applications.  The Diameter base protocol as defined in this document
   obsoletes RFC 3588 and must be supported by all new Diameter
   implementations.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis/

The following IPR Declarations may be related to this I-D:

   http://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/1437/