Subject: [Dime] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-12.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 08:17:40 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Diameter Network Address and Port Translation Control Application
	Author(s)       : Frank Brockners
                          Shwetha Bhandari
                          Vaneeta Singh
                          Victor Fajardo
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-12.txt
	Pages           : 59
	Date            : 2011-10-25

   This document describes the framework, messages, and procedures for
   the Diameter Network address and port translation Control
   Application.  This Diameter application allows per endpoint control
   of Network Address Translators and Network Address and Port
   Translators, which are added to networks to cope with IPv4-address
   space depletion.  This Diameter application allows external devices
   to configure and manage a Network Address Translator device -
   expanding the existing Diameter-based AAA and policy control
   capabilities with a Network Address Translators and Network Address
   and Port Translators control component.  These external devices can
   be network elements in the data plane such as a Network Access
   Server, or can be more centralized control plane devices such as AAA-
   servers.  This Diameter application establishes a context to commonly
   identify and manage endpoints on a gateway or server, and a Network
   Address Translator and Network Address and Port Translator device.
   This includes, for example, the control of the total number of
   Network Address Translator bindings allowed or the allocation of a
   specific Network Address Translator binding for a particular
   endpoint.  In addition, it allows Network Address Translator devices
   to provide information relevant to accounting purposes.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-12.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-12.txt