Subject: [Dime] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dime-pmip6-lr-06.txt> (Diameter Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6 Localized Routing) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 06:52:07 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the Diameter Maintenance and
Extensions WG (dime) to consider the following document:
- 'Diameter Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6 Localized Routing'
  <draft-ietf-dime-pmip6-lr-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-01-24. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   In Proxy Mobile IPv6, packets received from a Mobile Node (MN) by the
   Mobile Access Gateway (MAG) to which it is attached are typically
   tunneled to a Local Mobility Anchor (LMA) for routing.  The term
   "localized routing" refers to a method by which packets are routed
   directly between an MN's MAG and the MAG of its Correspondent Node
   (CN) without involving any LMA.  In order to establish a localized
   routing session between two Mobile Access Gateways in a Proxy Mobile
   IPv6 domain, two tasks must be accomplished:

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-pmip6-lr/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-pmip6-lr/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.