Subject: [Dime] Protocol Action: 'Diameter Base Protocol' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-33.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 09:20:34 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Diameter Base Protocol'
  (draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-33.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Ronald Bonica.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis/

Technical Summary

   The Diameter base protocol is intended to provide an Authentication,
   Authorization and Accounting (AAA) framework for applications such as
   network access or IP mobility in both local and roaming situations.
   This document specifies the message format, transport, error
   reporting, accounting and security services used by all Diameter
   applications.  The Diameter base protocol as defined in this document
   obsoletes RFC 3588 and must be supported by all new Diameter
   implementations.

Working Group Summary

  The document spent almost four years in the WG, which is
  unreasonably long time. This was not a result of large 
  controversy, but rather ensuring nothing important breaks
  in backwards compatibility. At IETF-79 the WG decided to include 
  in this version of Diameter support for Diameter over SCTP and 
  asked for the document to be updated and brought up again to the 
  WG and IETF consensus before it is submitted to IESG evaluation. 
  Three IETF Last Calls where hold. 

Document Quality

  FreeDiameter (www.freediameter.net) implements a previous
  version of the specification.

  A number of vendors have indicated interest on implementing
  the specification due it correcting several known flaws.

Personnel

 Jouni Korhonen is the Document Shepherd for this document.
 Dan Romascanu is the Responsible Area Director.

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 08:57:18 +0200

Dear all,

The draft version 00 
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-00> started in 2006!
Publishing this RFC will actually result in 4 new RFCs 
<http://www.rfc-editor.org/cluster_info.php?cid=C133>, all part of the 
cluster C133
Congratulations on this milestone, and thanks to all who helped.

Regards, Benoit.
> _______________________________________________
> DiME mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime
>
>

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 10:31:14 +0200

I would like to join my congratulations to Benoit's and thank everybody
who worked on this document. This work started shortly after I became an
AD and was completed now, soon after Benoit became an AD. BTW, the
announcement should be corrected to mention 'Benoit Claise is the
Responsible Area Director.'

Regards,

Dan

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Benoit Claise
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 9:57 AM
Cc: dime mailing list
Subject: Re: [Dime] Protocol Action: 'Diameter Base Protocol' to
Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-33.txt)

Dear all,

The draft version 00
<http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-00>  started in
2006!
Publishing this RFC will actually result in 4 new RFCs
<http://www.rfc-editor.org/cluster_info.php?cid=C133> , all part of the
cluster C133
Congratulations on this milestone, and thanks to all who helped.

Regards, Benoit.

 

 
 
Technical Summary

Working Group Summary

Document Quality

 
Personnel

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 10:58:31 +0200

Thank to all the contributors to this huge work that allowed the publication of this document, which was expected for a long time!

Dan, I cannot think of a more appropriate retirement gift from the Dime WG! J Thank you for all your support during these 6 years!

Regards,

Lionel 

De : [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
Envoyé : mardi 8 mai 2012 10:31
À : Benoit Claise
Cc : dime mailing list
Objet : Re: [Dime] Protocol Action: 'Diameter Base Protocol' to ProposedStandard (draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-33.txt)

I would like to join my congratulations to Benoit's and thank everybody who worked on this document. This work started shortly after I became an AD and was completed now, soon after Benoit became an AD. BTW, the announcement should be corrected to mention 'Benoit Claise is the Responsible Area Director.'

Regards,

Dan

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Benoit Claise
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2012 9:57 AM
Cc: dime mailing list
Subject: Re: [Dime] Protocol Action: 'Diameter Base Protocol' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-33.txt)

Dear all,

The draft version 00 <http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-00>  started in 2006!
Publishing this RFC will actually result in 4 new RFCs <http://www.rfc-editor.org/cluster_info.php?cid=C133> , all part of the cluster C133
Congratulations on this milestone, and thanks to all who helped.

Regards, Benoit.

 

 
 
Technical Summary

Working Group Summary

Document Quality

 
Personnel