Subject: [Dime] Protocol Action: 'Diameter Network Address and Port Translation Control Application' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-17.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 07 May 2012 09:48:08 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Diameter Network Address and Port Translation Control Application'
  (draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-17.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Ronald Bonica.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-nat-control/

Technical Summary

   This document describes the framework, messages, and procedures for
   the Diameter Network address and port translation Control
   Application.  This Diameter application allows per endpoint control
   of Network Address Translators and Network Address and Port
   Translators, which are added to networks to cope with IPv4-address
   space completion.  This Diameter application allows external devices
   to configure and manage a Network Address Translator device -
   expanding the existing Diameter-based AAA and policy control
   capabilities with a Network Address Translators and Network Address
   and Port Translators control component.  These external devices can
   be network elements in the data plane such as a Network Access
   Server, or can be more centralized control plane devices such as AAA-
   servers.  This Diameter application establishes a context to commonly
   identify and manage endpoints on a gateway or server, and a Network
   Address Translator and Network Address and Port Translator device.
   This includes, for example, the control of the total number of
   Network Address Translator bindings allowed or the allocation of a
   specific Network Address Translator binding for a particular
   endpoint.  In addition, it allows Network Address Translator devices
   to provide information relevant to accounting purposes.

Working Group Summary

  The document spent well over a year in the WG and has had an intensive
  review in the WG. However, the authors
  actively kept the document progressing and improving. The document
  is a result of collaborative WG work.

Document Quality

  There is currently no publicly announced implementations of the
  protocol. The document itself is solid, well written and in places
  goes into level of details not often seen in Diameter Application
  describing documents. 

Personnel

   Jouni Korhonen is the Document Shepherd for this document.
   Dan Romascanu is the Responsible Area Director.

---

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2012 09:00:05 +0200

Congratulations to the editors, authors, reviewers, and WG chairs.
Basically everybody who helped with this draft.

Regards, Benoit.
> _______________________________________________
> DiME mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime
>
>

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2012 11:01:23 +0200

Thank to the authors, reviewers and IESG members that have contributed to the completion and publication of this new proposed standard.

Regards,

Lionel

-----Message d'origine-----
De : [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de Benoit Claise
Envoyé : mardi 8 mai 2012 09:00
Cc : dime mailing list
Objet : Re: [Dime] Protocol Action: 'Diameter Network Address and Port Translation Control Application' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-17.txt)

Regards, Benoit.