Subject: [Dime] Fwd: New Version Notification - draft-ietf-dime-rfc4005bis-10.txt

From: Benoit Claise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 13:42:23 -0700

Hi Glen,

Thanks for this new version.
Two points that need to be addressed.

1. It seems that you have forgotten what we agreed upon on the mailing list.

    How about this?

    OLD:
    3.  Diameter NAS Application Messages

        This section defines the Diameter message Command-Code
        [I-D.ietf-dime-rfc3588bis] values that MUST be supported by all
        Diameter implementations conforming to this specification.  The
        Command Codes are as follows:

    +-----------------------------------+---------+------+--------------+
        | Command Name                      | Abbrev. | Code |
    Reference    |
    +-----------------------------------+---------+------+--------------+
        | AA-Request                        |   AAR   |  265 | Section
    3.1  |
        | AA-Answer                         |   AAA   |  265 | Section
    3.2  |
        | Re-Auth-Request                   |   RAR   |  258 | Section
    3.3  |
        | Re-Auth-Answer                    |   RAA   |  258 | Section
    3.4  |
        | Session-Termination-Request       |   STR   |  275 | Section
    3.5  |
        | Session-Termination-Answer        |   STA   |  275 | Section
    3.6  |
        | Abort-Session-Request             |   ASR   |  274 | Section
    3.7  |
        | Abort-Session-Answer              |   ASA   |  274 | Section
    3.8  |
        | Accounting-Request                |   ACR   |  271 | Section
    3.9  |
        | Accounting-Answer                 |   ACA   |  271 | Section
    3.10 |
    +-----------------------------------+---------+------+--------------+

    NEW:
    3.  Diameter NAS Application Messages

        This section defines the Diameter message Command-Code
        [I-D.ietf-dime-rfc3588bis] values that MUST be supported by all
        Diameter implementations conforming to this specification.  The
        Command Codes are as follows:

    +-----------------------------------+---------+------+--------------+
        | Command Name                      | Abbrev. | Code |
    Reference    |
    +-----------------------------------+---------+------+--------------+
        | AA-Request                        |   AAR   |  265 | Section
    3.1  |
        | AA-Answer                         |   AAA   |  265 | Section
    3.2  |
        | Re-Auth-Request                   |   RAR   |  258 | Section
    3.3  |
        | Re-Auth-Answer                    |   RAA   |  258 | Section
    3.4  |
        | Session-Termination-Request       |   STR   |  275 | Section
    3.5  |
        | Session-Termination-Answer        |   STA   |  275 | Section
    3.6  |
        | Abort-Session-Request             |   ASR   |  274 | Section
    3.7  |
        | Abort-Session-Answer              |   ASA   |  274 | Section
    3.8  |
        | Accounting-Request                |   ACR   |  271 | Section
    3.9  |
        | Accounting-Answer                 |   ACA   |  271 | Section
    3.10 |
    +-----------------------------------+---------+------+--------------+

    Note that the message formats in the following sub-sections use the
    standard Diameter Command Code Format ([I-D.ietf-dime-rfc3588bis],
    Section 3.2).

2. To be complete, and to let the DIME WG know, let me include what we 
have exchanged in a private email regarding the IANA pointer for the 
application id 1.

You asked for a statement and some consistency from the IESG.
- statement: The reference should be where the item in question is 
documented, not what registered it.
- consistency: right, we need to make this clear and not change it. 
Michelle Coton and Barry Leiba are working on an update to BCP 26 that 
will, in part, do just that, and you are welcome to comment on it when 
it's posted (during or shortly after IETF 84).

I propose that you add an "IANA note" in the IANA security section of 
draft-ietf-dime-rfc4005bis-09.txt expressing something such as: as 
discussed with the IESG, application id 1 should point to <RFC4005bis.>

Please include those two points in the next revision of the draft, and 
I'll progress the draft to IETF LC.

Regards, Benoit.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification - draft-ietf-dime-rfc4005bis-10.txt
Date: 	Sat, 14 Jul 2012 22:42:26 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	[email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version (-10) has been submitted for draft-ietf-dime-rfc4005bis:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-dime-rfc4005bis-10.txt

The IETF datatracker page for this Internet-Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-rfc4005bis/

Diff from previous version:
http://tools.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dime-rfc4005bis-10

IETF Secretariat.

---

From: Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 14:49:05 +0700

On Tue, 2012-07-24 at 13:42 -0700, Benoit Claise wrote:

>            | AA-Request                        |   AAR   |  265 |
>         Section 3.1  |
>            | AA-Answer                         |   AAA   |  265 |
>         Section 3.2  |
>            | Re-Auth-Request                   |   RAR   |  258 |
>         Section 3.3  |
>            | Re-Auth-Answer                    |   RAA   |  258 |
>         Section 3.4  |
>            | Session-Termination-Request       |   STR   |  275 |
>         Section 3.5  |
>            | Session-Termination-Answer        |   STA   |  275 |
>         Section 3.6  |
>            | Abort-Session-Request             |   ASR   |  274 |
>         Section 3.7  |
>            | Abort-Session-Answer              |   ASA   |  274 |
>         Section 3.8  |
>            | Accounting-Request                |   ACR   |  271 |
>         Section 3.9  |
>            | Accounting-Answer                 |   ACA   |  271 |
>         Section 3.10 |
>         
>            | AA-Request                        |   AAR   |  265 |
>         Section 3.1  |
>            | AA-Answer                         |   AAA   |  265 |
>         Section 3.2  |
>            | Re-Auth-Request                   |   RAR   |  258 |
>         Section 3.3  |
>            | Re-Auth-Answer                    |   RAA   |  258 |
>         Section 3.4  |
>            | Session-Termination-Request       |   STR   |  275 |
>         Section 3.5  |
>            | Session-Termination-Answer        |   STA   |  275 |
>         Section 3.6  |
>            | Abort-Session-Request             |   ASR   |  274 |
>         Section 3.7  |
>            | Abort-Session-Answer              |   ASA   |  274 |
>         Section 3.8  |
>            | Accounting-Request                |   ACR   |  271 |
>         Section 3.9  |
>            | Accounting-Answer                 |   ACA   |  271 |
>         Section 3.10 |
>         
>         Note that the message formats in the following sub-sections
>         use the standard Diameter Command Code Format
>         ([I-D.ietf-dime-rfc3588bis], Section 3.2).
>         
> 
> 

I'll submit it Monday evening.

...