Subject: Re: [Dime] Fwd: New Version Notification - draft-ietf-dime-rfc4005bis-10.txt

From: Glen Zorn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 19:17:31 +0700

On 07/25/2012 02:49 PM, Glen Zorn wrote:

Hi.  Has this gone to IETF LC already?  I didn't see the announcement...

> On Tue, 2012-07-24 at 13:42 -0700, Benoit Claise wrote:
>> Hi Glen,
>>
>> Thanks for this new version.
>> Two points that need to be addressed.
>>
>>
>> 1. It seems that you have forgotten what we agreed upon on the 
>> mailing list.
>>
>>     How about this?
>>
>>     OLD:
>>     3.  Diameter NAS Application Messages
>>
>>        This section defines the Diameter message Command-Code
>>        [I-D.ietf-dime-rfc3588bis] values that MUST be supported by all
>>        Diameter implementations conforming to this specification. The
>>        Command Codes are as follows:
>>
>>     +-----------------------------------+---------+------+--------------+
>>        | Command Name                      | Abbrev. | Code |
>>     Reference    |
>>     +-----------------------------------+---------+------+--------------+
>>        | AA-Request                        |   AAR   |  265 | Section
>>     3.1  |
>>        | AA-Answer                         |   AAA   |  265 | Section
>>     3.2  |
>>        | Re-Auth-Request                   |   RAR   |  258 | Section
>>     3.3  |
>>        | Re-Auth-Answer                    |   RAA   |  258 | Section
>>     3.4  |
>>        | Session-Termination-Request       |   STR   |  275 | Section
>>     3.5  |
>>        | Session-Termination-Answer        |   STA   |  275 | Section
>>     3.6  |
>>        | Abort-Session-Request             |   ASR   |  274 | Section
>>     3.7  |
>>        | Abort-Session-Answer              |   ASA   |  274 | Section
>>     3.8  |
>>        | Accounting-Request                |   ACR   |  271 | Section
>>     3.9  |
>>        | Accounting-Answer                 |   ACA   |  271 | Section
>>     3.10 |
>>     +-----------------------------------+---------+------+--------------+
>>
>>     NEW:
>>     3.  Diameter NAS Application Messages
>>
>>        This section defines the Diameter message Command-Code
>>        [I-D.ietf-dime-rfc3588bis] values that MUST be supported by all
>>        Diameter implementations conforming to this specification. The
>>        Command Codes are as follows:
>>
>>     +-----------------------------------+---------+------+--------------+
>>        | Command Name                      | Abbrev. | Code |
>>     Reference    |
>>     +-----------------------------------+---------+------+--------------+
>>        | AA-Request                        |   AAR   |  265 | Section
>>     3.1  |
>>        | AA-Answer                         |   AAA   |  265 | Section
>>     3.2  |
>>        | Re-Auth-Request                   |   RAR   |  258 | Section
>>     3.3  |
>>        | Re-Auth-Answer                    |   RAA   |  258 | Section
>>     3.4  |
>>        | Session-Termination-Request       |   STR   |  275 | Section
>>     3.5  |
>>        | Session-Termination-Answer        |   STA   |  275 | Section
>>     3.6  |
>>        | Abort-Session-Request             |   ASR   |  274 | Section
>>     3.7  |
>>        | Abort-Session-Answer              |   ASA   |  274 | Section
>>     3.8  |
>>        | Accounting-Request                |   ACR   |  271 | Section
>>     3.9  |
>>        | Accounting-Answer                 |   ACA   |  271 | Section
>>     3.10 |
>>     +-----------------------------------+---------+------+--------------+
>>
>>     Note that the message formats in the following sub-sections use
>>     the standard Diameter Command Code Format
>>     ([I-D.ietf-dime-rfc3588bis], Section 3.2). 
>>
>>
>>
>> 2. To be complete, and to let the DIME WG know, let me include what 
>> we have exchanged in a private email regarding the IANA pointer for 
>> the application id 1.
>>
>> You asked for a statement and some consistency from the IESG.
>> - statement: The reference should be where the item in question is 
>> documented, not what registered it.
>> - consistency: right, we need to make this clear and not change it. 
>> Michelle Coton and Barry Leiba are working on an update to BCP 26 
>> that will, in part, do just that, and you are welcome to comment on 
>> it when it's posted (during or shortly after IETF 84).
>>
>> I propose that you add an "IANA note" in the IANA security section of 
>> draft-ietf-dime-rfc4005bis-09.txt expressing something such as: as 
>> discussed with the IESG, application id 1 should point to <RFC4005bis.>
>>
>>
>>
>> Please include those two points in the next revision of the draft, 
>> and I'll progress the draft to IETF LC.
>
> I'll submit it Monday evening.
>
> ...