Subject: [Dime] Protocol Action: 'Diameter Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6 Localized Routing' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dime-pmip6-lr-18.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 10:10:48 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Diameter Support for Proxy Mobile IPv6 Localized Routing'
  (draft-ietf-dime-pmip6-lr-18.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Ronald Bonica.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-pmip6-lr/

Technical Summary

   Mobile Access Gateway (MAG) to which it is attached are typically
   tunneled to a Local Mobility Anchor (LMA) for routing.  The term
   "localized routing" refers to a method by which packets are routed
   directly between an MN's MAG and the MAG of its Correspondent Node
   (CN) without involving any LMA.  In order to establish a localized
   routing session between two Mobile Access Gateways in a Proxy Mobile
   IPv6 domain, two tasks must be accomplished:

   1.  The usage of localized routing must be authorized for both MAGs
       and

   2.  The address of the MAG to which the Correspondent Node (CN) is
       attached must be ascertained

   This document specifies how to accomplish these tasks using the
   Diameter protocol.

Working Group Summary

   There is Dime WG consensus behind the document.

Document Quality

   The document is complete, straightforward, simple and
   well-written. 

Personnel

   Lionel Morand is the Document Shepherd for this document
   Dan Romascanu was the first responsible Area Director.
   Benoit Claise is the current responsible Area Director.