Subject: [Dime] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dime-rfc4005bis-11.txt> (Diameter Network Access Server Application) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 08:51:35 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Diameter Maintenance and
Extensions WG (dime) to consider the following document:
- 'Diameter Network Access Server Application'
  <draft-ietf-dime-rfc4005bis-11.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-09-18. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes the Diameter protocol application used for
   Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA) services in the
   Network Access Server (NAS) environment; it obsoletes RFC 4005.  When
   combined with the Diameter Base protocol, Transport Profile, and
   Extensible Authentication Protocol specifications, this application
   specification satisfies typical network access services requirements.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-rfc4005bis/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-rfc4005bis/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.