Subject: [Dime] RFC 6736 on Diameter Network Address and Port Translation Control Application

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2012 10:31:01 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6736

        Title:      Diameter Network Address and Port 
                    Translation Control Application 
        Author:     F. Brockners, S. Bhandari,
                    V. Singh, V. Fajardo
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      58
        Characters: 138288
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dime-nat-control-17.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6736.txt

This document describes the framework, messages, and procedures for
the Diameter Network address and port translation Control
Application.  This Diameter application allows per-endpoint control
of Network Address Translators and Network Address and Port
Translators, which are added to networks to cope with IPv4 address
space depletion.  This Diameter application allows external devices
to configure and manage a Network Address Translator device --
expanding the existing Diameter-based Authentication, Authorization,
and Accounting (AAA) and policy control capabilities with a Network
Address Translator and Network Address and Port Translator control
component.  These external devices can be network elements in the
data plane such as a Network Access Server, or can be more
centralized control plane devices such as AAA-servers.  This Diameter
application establishes a context to commonly identify and manage
endpoints on a gateway or server and a Network Address Translator and
Network Address and Port Translator device.  This includes, for
example, the control of the total number of Network Address
Translator bindings allowed or the allocation of a specific Network
Address Translator binding for a particular endpoint.  In addition,
it allows Network Address Translator devices to provide information
relevant to accounting purposes.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC