Subject: [Dime] Protocol Action: 'Diameter Support for the EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP)' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dime-erp-17.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 06:23:47 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Diameter Support for the EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP)'
  (draft-ietf-dime-erp-17.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Benoit Claise and Ronald Bonica.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-erp/

Technical Summary

The EAP Re-authentication Protocol (ERP) defines extensions to the
Extensible Authentication Protocol (EAP) to support efficient re-
authentication between the peer and an EAP Re-authentication (ER)
server through a compatible authenticator. This document specifies
Diameter support for ERP. It defines a new Diameter ERP application
to transport ERP messages between an ER authenticator and the ER
server, and a set of new AVPs that can be used to transport the
cryptographic material needed by the re-authentication server.

Working Group Summary

The I-D has been discussed extensively in the DIME WG and has
reached the overall working group consensus. The work has been
done in a cooperation with the Hokey WG that defined the EAP
Re-authentication Protocol solution.

Document Quality

There are no publicly announced implementations of the protocol.

Personnel

Jouni Korhonen ([email-masked]) is the document
shepherd.
Benoit Claise ([email-masked]) is the responsible Area Director.