Subject: [Dime] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dime-realm-based-redirect-13.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 15:46:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Realm-Based Redirection In Diameter
	Author(s)       : Tina Tsou
                          Ruibing Hao
                          Tom Taylor
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dime-realm-based-redirect-13.txt
	Pages           : 9
	Date            : 2013-10-02

Abstract:
   The Diameter protocol includes a capability for message redirection,
   controlled by an application-independent "redirect agent".  In some
   circumstances, an operator may wish to redirect messages to an
   alternate domain without specifying individual hosts.  This document
   specifies an application-specific mechanism by which a Diameter
   server or proxy (node) can perform such a redirection when S-NAPTR is
   not used for dynamic peer discovery.  A node performing this new
   function is referred to as a "Realm-based Redirect Server".

   This memo updates Sections 6.13 and 6.14 of RFC6733 with respect to
   the usage of the Redirect-Host-Usage and Redirect-Max-Cache-Time
   AVPs.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-realm-based-redirect

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dime-realm-based-redirect-13

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dime-realm-based-redirect-13

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Tom Taylor <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 18:58:14 -0400

The latest updates respond to IESG comments. Some editorial, beefed up 
the Security Considerations section.

Thanks to Lionel for pulling things together.

Tom Taylor

> 	Filename        : draft-ietf-dime-realm-based-redirect-13.txt
...