Subject: [Dime] [Errata Verified] RFC6733 (3806)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 09:03:08 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been verified for RFC6733,
"Diameter Base Protocol". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6733&eid=3806

--------------------------------------
Status: Verified
Type: Technical

Reported by: Lionel <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2013-11-18
Verified by: Benoit Claise (IESG)

Section: 2.7

Original Text
-------------
   Server Identifier

      The identity of one or more servers to which the message is to be
      routed.  This identity MUST also be present in the Host Identity
      field of the peer table (Section 2.6).  When the Local Action is
      set to RELAY or PROXY, this field contains the identity of the
      server(s) to which the message MUST be routed.  When the Local
      Action field is set to REDIRECT, this field contains the identity
      of one or more servers to which the message MUST be redirected.

Corrected Text
--------------
   Peer Identifier

      The identity of one or more peers to which the message is to be
      routed.  This identity MUST also be present in the Host Identity
      field of the peer table (Section 2.6).  When the Local Action is
      set to RELAY or PROXY, this field contains the identity of the
      peer(s) to which the message MUST be routed.  When the Local
      Action field is set to REDIRECT, this field contains the identity
      of one or more peers to which the message MUST be redirected.

Notes
-----
The host identified in a Routing Table entry is not necessarily a "server". It can also be a Relay, a redirect or a proxy agent. Using "peer" instead of "server" is more appropriate.

--------------------------------------
RFC6733 (draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-33)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Diameter Base Protocol
Publication Date    : October 2012
Author(s)           : V. Fajardo, Ed., J. Arkko, J. Loughney, G. Zorn, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG