Subject: [Dime] RFC 7068 on Diameter Overload Control Requirements

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 16:14:59 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7068

        Title:      Diameter Overload Control Requirements 
        Author:     E. McMurry, B. Campbell
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       November 2013
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      29
        Characters: 69536
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dime-overload-reqs-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7068.txt

When a Diameter server or agent becomes overloaded, it needs to be
able to gracefully reduce its load, typically by advising clients to
reduce traffic for some period of time.  Otherwise, it must continue
to expend resources parsing and responding to Diameter messages,
possibly resulting in a progressively severe overload condition.  The
existing Diameter mechanisms are not sufficient for managing overload
conditions.  This document describes the limitations of the existing
mechanisms.  Requirements for new overload management mechanisms are
also provided.

This document is a product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search/rfc_search.php
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 08:06:53 +0200

Congrats Ben & Eric and the rest of the people who contributed! 

- Jouni & Lionel

On Nov 20, 2013, at 2:14 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> DiME mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime