Subject: [Dime] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6733 (3806)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 11:42:03 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6733,
"Diameter Base Protocol".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6733&eid=3806

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Lionel <[email-masked]>

Section: 2.7

Original Text
-------------
   Server Identifier

      The identity of one or more servers to which the message is to be
      routed.  This identity MUST also be present in the Host Identity
      field of the peer table (Section 2.6).  When the Local Action is
      set to RELAY or PROXY, this field contains the identity of the
      server(s) to which the message MUST be routed.  When the Local
      Action field is set to REDIRECT, this field contains the identity
      of one or more servers to which the message MUST be redirected.

Corrected Text
--------------
   Peer Identifier

      The identity of one or more peers to which the message is to be
      routed.  This identity MUST also be present in the Host Identity
      field of the peer table (Section 2.6).  When the Local Action is
      set to RELAY or PROXY, this field contains the identity of the
      peer(s) to which the message MUST be routed.  When the Local
      Action field is set to REDIRECT, this field contains the identity
      of one or more peers to which the message MUST be redirected.

Notes
-----
The host identified in a Routing Table entry is not necessarily a "server". It can also be a Relay, a redirect or a proxy agent. Using "peer" instead of "server" is more appropriate.

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6733 (draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-33)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Diameter Base Protocol
Publication Date    : October 2012
Author(s)           : V. Fajardo, Ed., J. Arkko, J. Loughney, G. Zorn, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 12:31:39 +0200

I think this is OK clarification.

- Jouni

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 17:01:05 +0000

Seems a bit nit-picky, but the change doesn't seem to change anything major, so if it makes sense, it should be OK.

John

-----Original Message-----
From: ext Jouni Korhonen [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, November 19, 2013 2:32 AM
To: RFC Errata System
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; Loughney John (Nokia-CTO/SiliconValley); [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6733 (3806)

- Jouni

On Nov 18, 2013, at 9:42 PM, RFC Errata System <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6733, "Diameter 
> Base Protocol".
> 
> use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or rejected. 
> When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG) can log in to 
> change the status and edit the report, if necessary.
>