Subject: [Dime] [dime] #26: Overload Control Endpoints under specified

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2014 20:28:15 -0000

#26: Overload Control Endpoints under specified

 This applies to draft-ietf-dime-ovli.

 The concept of an overload control endpoint is under specified.  For
 instance, a number of figures show DOIC associations that both end at an
 agent diameter overload endpoint and pass through an agent diameter
 overload endpoint.

 If both cases apply then how do Diameter nodes know the identity of the
 other side of an endpoint.

 Does this mean that a Diameter client can receive multiple capability
 advertisements in a single message, one created by the server and a
 separate one created by the agent?

 My understanding of Diameter endpoints was that they were truly endpoints.
 If an agent was acting as an endpoint it would handle capability
 negotiation between all clients and the agent and between all servers and
 the agent.  In essence it would be acting as a back-to-back diameter
 overload agent, as mentioned in section 3.1.5.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-docdt-dime-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  blocker                  |  Milestone:
Component:  draft-docdt-dime-ovli    |    Version:
 Severity:  Submitted WG Document    |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/26>
dime <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>