Subject: [Dime] Requirement for handling realm overload

From: Steve Donovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 09:17:45 -0600

The following is the requirement stating the need to support realm overload.

 REQ 31: There are multiple situations where a Diameter node may be
           overloaded for some purposes but not others.  For example,
           this can happen to an agent or server that supports multiple
           applications, or when a server depends on multiple external
           resources, some of which may become overloaded while others
           are fully available.  The solution MUST allow Diameter nodes
           to indicate overload with sufficient granularity to allow
           clients to take action based on the overloaded resources
           without unreasonably forcing available capacity to go unused.
           The solution MUST support specification of overload
           information with granularities of at least "Diameter node",
           "realm", and "Diameter application" and MUST allow
           extensibility for others to be added in the future.

Enscript Output
This requirement does qualify realm to mean "realm routed requests".  
It talks about handling throttling in the face of overload of the realm.

Steve