Subject: [Dime] [dime] #55: Lack of overload control for realm overload condition

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 16:04:18 -0000

#55: Lack of overload control for realm overload condition

 The current definition of behavior for the handling of the realm overload
 report types is to throttle only requests that contain the realm (in the
 destination-realm) indicated in the realm overload report but do not
 contain a destination-host AVP.  This is really throttling of "realm
 routed requests", not throttling of traffic to the realm.

 Requirement 31 in the Diameter Overload requirements defined in RFC 7068
 includes the must requirement to be able to handle overload of the realm.
 The current draft does not address this requirement as there is currently
 no way to indicate that a realm is overloaded and to request throttling of
 all traffic to that realm.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-docdt-dime-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  draft-docdt-dime-ovli    |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/55>
dime <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>