Subject: [Dime] [dime] #39: Definition of Diameter Routing

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 20:41:39 -0000

#39: Definition of Diameter Routing

 Do we need this definition? Diameter routing should be fully defined by
 the base specification.

 But if we do, I think the phrase "non-adjacent nodes" in the first
 sentence is misleading. Destination-Realm is also used to route between
 adjacent nodes, at least until you reach the node responsible for the
 ream+application. We should also include Application-Id.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  draft-docdt-dime-
  [email-masked]        |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |     Status:  new
 Priority:  minor        |  Milestone:
Component:  draft-       |    Version:  1.0
  docdt-dime-ovli        |   Keywords:
 Severity:  Active WG    |
  Document               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/39>
dime <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>

---

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 20:44:58 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 (Oops, sent to soon). The last sentence says "It is possible to enhance
 the routing decision with application-level knowledge..." The passive
 voice obscures the responsibility. What actor may do this? (I suggest
 recasting the sentence as "XXX may enhance..."

  docdt-dime-ovli        |  Resolution:
 Keywords:               |

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/39#comment:1>
dime <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Feb 2014 17:00:19 +0000

Hi Ben,

The "XXX" refers to Diameter application designers.

Lionel

-----Message d'origine-----
De : DiME [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de dime issue tracker
Envoyé : vendredi 7 février 2014 21:45
À : [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc : [email-masked]
Objet : Re: [Dime] [dime] #39: Definition of Diameter Routing

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ce message et ses pieces jointes peuvent contenir des informations confidentielles ou privilegiees et ne doivent donc
pas etre diffuses, exploites ou copies sans autorisation. Si vous avez recu ce message par erreur, veuillez le signaler
a l'expediteur et le detruire ainsi que les pieces jointes. Les messages electroniques etant susceptibles d'alteration,
Orange decline toute responsabilite si ce message a ete altere, deforme ou falsifie. Merci.

This message and its attachments may contain confidential or privileged information that may be protected by law;
they should not be distributed, used or copied without authorisation.
If you have received this email in error, please notify the sender and delete this message and its attachments.
As emails may be altered, Orange is not liable for messages that have been modified, changed or falsified.
Thank you.

---

From: Steve Donovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2014 10:39:11 -0600

I agree with Ben, I don't see the need to include this definition.

Steve

---

From: Maria Cruz Bartolome <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 21:31:23 +0000

Agreed

From: DiME [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Steve Donovan
Sent: lunes, 10 de febrero de 2014 17:39
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Dime] [dime] #39: Definition of Diameter Routing

Steve

 the base specification.