Subject: [Dime] [dime] #58 (draft-docdt-dime-ovli): Multiple Reporting Nodes for realm-routed-request type reports

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2014 16:06:11 -0000

#58: Multiple Reporting Nodes for realm-routed-request type reports

 In deployments where more than one node is configured to take the role of
 a reporting node for realm-routed-request reports, reacting nodes may
 receive
 in different answer messages different realm-routed-request type OLRs
 inserted by the different reporting nodes. Although it is expected that
 the different reporting nodes report more or less the same content, it
 cannot be expected that reports are 100% synchronized. Especially sequence
 numbers may differ.
 To allow reacting nodes correctly detect outdates/replays/freshness of
 OLRs in this scenario, it is proposed that realm-routed-request type OLRs
 are extended to contain the Diameter Identity of the reporting node that
 inserted the realm-routed-request type OLR. (e.g. as already proposed in
 draft-donovan-dime-agent-overload-01).
 Reporting nodes that insert realm-routed-request type OLRs to answer
 messages MUST also insert their Diameter Identity.
 Reacting nodes MUST take the Diameter Identity received within the OLR
 into account in order to detect outdates/replays/freshness.

-- 
-----------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]   |      Owner:  Ulrich Wiehe
     Type:  defect                 |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                  |  Milestone:
Component:  draft-docdt-dime-ovli  |    Version:  1.0
 Severity:  Active WG Document     |   Keywords:
-----------------------------------+--------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/58>
dime <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>