Subject: Re: [Dime] [dime] #52 (draft-docdt-dime-ovli): Throttling not needed to be based on previous history

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2014 14:25:20 -0000

#52: Throttling not needed to be based on previous history

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Text should be modified as follows:

 Now (chapter 4.7):
   The OC-Reduction-Percentage AVP (AVP code TBD8) is type of Unsigned32
   and describes the percentage of the traffic that the sender is
   requested to reduce, compared to what it otherwise would have sent.

 Proposal:
  The OC-Reduction-Percentage AVP (AVP code TBD8) is type of Unsigned32
  and describes the percentage of the traffic that the sender is
  requested to reduce, compared to what it otherwise would send.

 Now (chapter 5.5.2):
     Indicates that the reporting node urges the reacting node to
     reduce its traffic by a given percentage.  For example if the
     reacting node has been sending 100 packets per second to the
     reporting node, then a reception of OC-Reduction-Percentage value
     of 10 would mean that from now on the reacting node MUST only send
     90 packets per second.  How the reacting node achieves the "true
     reduction" transactions leading to the sent request messages is up
     to the implementation.  The reacting node MAY simply drop every
     10th packet from its output queue and let the generic application
     logic try to recover from it.

 Proposal:
     Indicates that the reporting node urges the reacting node to
     reduce its traffic by a given percentage. For example if an
     OC-Reduction-Percentage value of  10 has been received,
     the reacting node which  would otherwise send 100 requests
     MUST only send 90 requests to the reporting node.
     How the reacting node achieves the "true
     reduction" transactions leading to the sent request messages is up
     to the implementation. The reacting node MAY simply drop every 10th
    request from its output queue and let the generic application logic
    try to recover from it.

-- 
-----------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  MCruz
     Type:  defect                             |  Bartolomé
 Priority:  major                              |      Status:  closed
Component:  draft-docdt-dime-ovli              |   Milestone:
 Severity:  Active WG Document                 |     Version:  1.0
 Keywords:                                     |  Resolution:  fixed
-----------------------------------------------+---------------------------

Ticket URL: <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/52#comment:1>
dime <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>

---

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 08 Mar 2014 10:26:15 -0000

Comment (by [email-masked]):

 Update made.

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/52#comment:2>
dime <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>