Subject: Re: [Dime] [dime] #29 (draft-docdt-dime-ovli): OC-Sequence-Number in OC-Supported-Features

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 13:45:07 -0000

#29: OC-Sequence-Number in OC-Supported-Features

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 I believe we have consensus on this ticket.

 I had put the following into my issue status document:

 Agreed – Removed OC-Sequence-Number from OC-Supported-Features AVP.

 Agreed – The scope of an OC-Supported-Features AVP is a single
 transaction.

 Agreed – Diameter nodes that support DOIC must include the OC-Supported-
 Features AVP in all requests.

 I believe that this translates into the text changes outlined below. If we
 have agreement on the text below we can close the issue and I'll update
 the text in the -02 draft accordingly.

 Regards,

 Steve

 Section 4.1:

 Remove < OC-Sequence-Number > from OC-Supported-Features syntax
 description.

 Remove paragraph 3 that starts "OC-Sequence-Number AVP is used..."

 Section 4.4, Paragraph 1:

 Remove reference to section 4.1.

 Section 5.3.1, Paragraph 1:

 Change:

 It is RECOMMENDED that the

     request message initiating endpoint includes the capability
 announcement into every request regardless it has had prior message
 exchanges with the give remote endpoint. In a case of a Diameter session
 maintaining application, sending the OC-Supported-Features AVP in every
 message is not really necessary after the initial capability announcement
 or until there is a change in supported features. To: The lifetime of a
 capability announcement is limited to a single transaction. As a result,
 the reacting node MUST include the capability announcement in all request
 messages.

-- 
----------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  Ulrich Wiehe
     Type:  defect                            |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                             |   Milestone:
Component:  draft-docdt-dime-ovli             |     Version:  2.0
 Severity:  Active WG Document                |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                                    |
----------------------------------------------+---------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/29#comment:1>
dime <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>