Subject: Re: [Dime] [dime] #36 (draft-docdt-dime-ovli): OC-Validity-Duration AVP

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2014 17:56:42 -0000

#36: OC-Validity-Duration AVP

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Closed based on agreement to make the following changes (copied from
 Lionel's email):

 4.3. OC-OLR AVP

 [skip]

   The Sequence-Number AVP indicates the "freshness" of the OC-OLR AVP.

   It is possible to replay the same OC-OLR AVP multiple times between

   the overload control endpoints, however, when the OC-OLR AVP content

   changes or sending endpoint otherwise wants the receiving endpoint to

   update its overload control information, then the OC-Sequence-Number

   AVP MUST contain a new greater value than the previously received.

   The receiver SHOULD discard an OC-OLR AVP with a sequence number that

   is less than previously received one.

 [New]

   The OC-Validity-Duration AVP indicates the validity time of the overload

   report associated with a specific sequence number, measured after
 reception

   of the OC-OLR AVP. The validity time MUST NOT be updated after reception

   of subsequent OC-OLR AVPs with the same sequence number. The default
 value

   for the OC-Validity-Duration AVP value is 5 (i.e., 5 seconds).  When the

   OC-Validity-Duration AVP is not present in the OC-OLR AVP, the default
 value

   applies.

 [Skip]

 4.5. OC-Validity-Duration AVP

 OLD:

   The OC-Validity-Duration AVP (AVP code TBD4) is type of Unsigned32

   and describes the number of seconds the "new and fresh" OC-OLR AVP

   and its content is valid since the reception of the new OC-OLR AVP.

   The default value for the OC-Validity-Duration AVP value is 5 (i.e.,

   5 seconds).  When the OC-Validity-Duration AVP is not present in the

   OC-OLR AVP, the default value applies.  Validity duration values 0

   (i.e., 0 seconds) and above 86400 (i.e., 24 hours) MUST NOT be used.

   Invalid validity duration values are treated as if the OC-Validity-

   Duration AVP were not present.

 NEW:

   The OC-Validity-Duration AVP (AVP code TBD4) is type of Unsigned32

   and indicates in seconds the validity time of the overload report.

   The number of seconds is measured after reception of the first

   OC-OLR AVP with a given value of OC-Sequence-Number AVP.

   The default value for the OC-Validity-Duration AVP is 5 (i.e.,

   5 seconds).  When the OC-Validity-Duration AVP is not present in the

   OC-OLR AVP, the default value applies. OC-Validity-Duration AVP values 0

   (i.e., 0 second) and above 86400 (i.e., 24 hours) MUST NOT be used.

   When invalid values are used, the default value for the OC-Validity-
 Duration

   AVP applies.

-- 
-----------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  MCruz
     Type:  enhancement                        |  Bartolomé
 Priority:  major                              |      Status:  closed
Component:  draft-docdt-dime-ovli              |   Milestone:
 Severity:  Active WG Document                 |     Version:
 Keywords:                                     |  Resolution:  fixed
-----------------------------------------------+---------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/36#comment:1>
dime <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>