Subject: Re: [Dime] [dime] #27 (draft-docdt-dime-ovli): Behavior of agent acting on behalf of Client that does not support DOIC

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 13:21:00 -0000

#27: Behavior of agent acting on behalf of Client that does not support DOIC

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 I believe we have consensus on this ticket.

 I had put the following into my issue status document:

 Agreed – Removed OC-Sequence-Number from OC-Supported-Features AVP.

 Agreed – The scope of an OC-Supported-Features AVP is a single
 transaction.

 Agreed – Diameter nodes that support DOIC must include the OC-Supported-
 Features AVP in all requests.

 I believe that this translates into the text changes outlined below.  If
 we have agreement on the text below we can close the issue and I'll update
 the text in the -02 draft accordingly.

 Regards,

 Steve

 -----

 Section 4.1:

 Remove < OC-Sequence-Number >  from OC-Supported-Features syntax
 description.

 Remove paragraph 3 that starts "OC-Sequence-Number AVP is used..."

 Section 4.4, Paragraph 1:

 Remove reference to section 4.1.

 Section 5.3.1, Paragraph 1:

 Change:

 It is RECOMMENDED that the
    request message initiating endpoint includes the capability
    announcement into every request regardless it has had prior message
    exchanges with the give remote endpoint. In a case of a Diameter
    session maintaining application, sending the OC-Supported-Features
    AVP in every message is not really necessary after the initial
    capability announcement or until there is a change in supported
    features. To: The lifetime of a capability announcement is limited to a
 single transaction. As a result, the reacting node MUST include the
 capability announcement in all request messages.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-docdt-dime-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  critical                 |   Milestone:
Component:  draft-docdt-dime-ovli    |     Version:
 Severity:  Submitted WG Document    |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/27#comment:1>
dime <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>

---

From: "TROTTIN, JEAN-JACQUES (JEAN-JACQUES)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 13:35:43 +0000

Hi Steve

This mail mentions #27 ticket : Behavior of agent acting on behalf of Client that does not support DOIC

But the comment is about ticket #29 that is addressed separately.

Is this I not an error or what is the text proposed for ticket #27.

Best regards

Jacques 

-----Message d'origine-----
De : DiME [mailto:[email-masked]] De la part de dime issue tracker
Envoyé : vendredi 21 mars 2014 14:21
À : [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Cc : [email-masked]
Objet : Re: [Dime] [dime] #27 (draft-docdt-dime-ovli): Behavior of agent acting on behalf of Client that does not support DOIC

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Agreed – The scope of an OC-Supported-Features AVP is a single  transaction.

 Agreed – Diameter nodes that support DOIC must include the OC-Supported-  Features AVP in all requests.

 I believe that this translates into the text changes outlined below.  If  we have agreement on the text below we can close the issue and I'll update  the text in the -02 draft accordingly.

 Regards,

 Steve

 -----

 Section 4.1:

 Remove < OC-Sequence-Number >  from OC-Supported-Features syntax  description.

 Change:

    features. To: The lifetime of a capability announcement is limited to a  single transaction. As a result, the reacting node MUST include the  capability announcement in all request messages.

-- 
-------------------------------------+----------------------------------
-------------------------------------+---
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-docdt-dime-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  critical                 |   Milestone:
Component:  draft-docdt-dime-ovli    |     Version:
 Severity:  Submitted WG Document    |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+----------------------------------
-------------------------------------+---

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: Steve Donovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 08:43:08 -0500

JJ,

Thanks for catching that.  I have closed the wrong ticket.

I will reopen #27 and close #29. 

Thanks again,

Steve

---

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2014 13:44:15 -0000

* status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 Wrong ticket was closed.  These changes apply to issue @29.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-docdt-dime-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  reopened
 Priority:  critical                 |   Milestone:
Component:  draft-docdt-dime-ovli    |     Version:
 Severity:  Submitted WG Document    |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/27#comment:2>
dime <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>