Subject: [Dime] [dime] #66 (draft-ietf-dime-ovli): Non-Supporting Agent Changing Origin-Host

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 19:36:50 -0000

#66: Non-Supporting Agent Changing Origin-Host

 What happens if a non-supporting agent rewrites the Origin-Host AVP in a
 Diameter answer that contains a host report from a server? We know there
 are agents that do this. But if they do not implement DOIC, they may pass
 the overload report through to the downstream peer, which might then treat
 the report as applying to the non-supporting agent rather than the server.

 This may suggest a need to put the identity of the overloaded server in
 the report explicitly. For example, we could add a Reporting-Host AVP that
 contains a Diameter ID.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |      Owner:  [email-masked]
  [email-masked]        |     Status:  new
     Type:  defect       |  Milestone:
 Priority:  major        |    Version:  2.0
Component:  draft-ietf-  |   Keywords:
  dime-ovli              |
 Severity:  Active WG    |
  Document               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/66>
dime <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>