Subject: [Dime] Last Call: <draft-ietf-dime-app-design-guide-24.txt> (Diameter Applications Design Guidelines) to Best Current Practice

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2014 07:53:02 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Diameter Maintenance and
Extensions WG (dime) to consider the following document:
- 'Diameter Applications Design Guidelines'
  <draft-ietf-dime-app-design-guide-24.txt> as Best Current Practice

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-06-20. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   The Diameter base protocol provides facilities for protocol
   extensibility enabling to define new Diameter applications or modify
   existing applications.  This document is a companion document to the
   Diameter Base protocol that further explains and clarifies the rules
   to extend Diameter.  Futhermore, this document provides guidelines to
   Diameter application designers reusing/defining Diameter applications
   or creating generic Diameter extensions.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-app-design-guide/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-app-design-guide/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.