Subject: Re: [Dime] [dime] #58 (draft-ietf-dime-ovli): Multiple Reporting Nodes for realm-routed-request type reports

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 11:17:21 -0000

#58: Multiple Reporting Nodes for realm-routed-request type reports

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Added the following wording to section 4.2.3 (the reporting node sub
 section of the overload report handling section):

    This document assumes that there is a single source for realm-reports
    for a given realm, or that if multiple nodes can send realm reports,
    that each such node has full knowledge of the overload state of the
    entire realm.  A reacting node cannot distinguish between receiving
    realm-reports from a single node, or from multiple nodes.

    If multiple such nodes exist, they MUST ensure that realm-reports are
    kept in sync.  This includes synchronizing the sequence numbers as
    well as the reported overload state.  The method of doing so is up to
    the implementation.  One way to keep the sequence numbers in sync is
    to generate the sequence numbers based on system time.

-- 
----------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  Ulrich Wiehe
     Type:  defect                |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                 |   Milestone:
Component:  draft-ietf-dime-ovli  |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  Active WG Document    |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                        |
----------------------------------+---------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/58#comment:2>
dime <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>

---

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 2014 05:19:22 -0000

* status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 Consensus has not been reached on the proposed changes so the ticket is
 being reopened.

-- 
----------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |       Owner:  Ulrich Wiehe
     Type:  defect                |      Status:  reopened
 Priority:  major                 |   Milestone:
Component:  draft-ietf-dime-ovli  |     Version:  1.0
 Severity:  Active WG Document    |  Resolution:
 Keywords:                        |
----------------------------------+---------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/58#comment:3>
dime <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>