Subject: [Dime] [dime] #81 (draft-ietf-dime-ovli): 6.3. OC-OLR AVP

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 21:04:46 -0000

#81: 6.3.  OC-OLR AVP

 Propose adding the following to the third paragraph:

 Before:

    Note that if a Diameter command were to contain multiple OC-OLR AVPs
    they all MUST have different OC-Report-Type AVP value.

 After:

    Note that if a Diameter command were to contain multiple OC-OLR AVPs
    they all MUST have different OC-Report-Type AVP value.  It is
 recommended that the reacting node process the first OLR and silently
 discard other OLRs of the same type.

 Also propose removing the following editor's note:

       Editor's note: Need to specify what happens when two reports of
       the same type are received.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |      Owner:  draft-ietf-dime-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                    |  Milestone:
Component:  draft-ietf-dime-ovli     |    Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |   Keywords:
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/81>
dime <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Oct 2014 18:04:18 -0500

On reflection, I don't agree on this one. I don't think we need to specify how a recipient handles a violation of a MUST level requirement. (Why would that be different for this and any other MUST?)

Is there a way you could get multiple reports of the same type in a message without something violating the MUST?

---

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 09:03:28 -0000

#81: 6.3.  OC-OLR AVP

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Agreed to leave the wording as is but to remove the editor's note.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-dime-
  [email-masked]           |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major                    |   Milestone:
Component:  draft-ietf-dime-ovli     |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/81#comment:1>
dime <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>