Subject: Re: [Dime] [dime] #66 (draft-ietf-dime-ovli): Non-Supporting Agent Changing Origin-Host

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 11:54:19 -0000

#66: Non-Supporting Agent Changing Origin-Host

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 Agreed that the behavior of Topology Hiding agents/proxies is out of scope
 for this document.

 Added appendix on deployment consideration with the following wording:

    Topology hiding interactions

       There exist proxies that implement what is refered to as Topology
       Hiding.  This can include cases where the agent modifies the
       Origin-Host in answer messages.  The behavior of the DOIC solution
       is not well understood when this happens.  As such, the DOIC
       solution does not address this scenario.

-- 
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:               |       Owner:  draft-ietf-dime-
  [email-masked]        |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  major        |   Milestone:
Component:  draft-ietf-  |     Version:  2.0
  dime-ovli              |  Resolution:  fixed
 Severity:  Active WG    |
  Document               |
 Keywords:               |
-------------------------+-------------------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/66#comment:1>
dime <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 09:07:11 -0500

I thought we were going to distinguish between DOIC supporting and non-supporting proxies. Specifically, a DOIC supporting proxy that performs topology hiding needs to ensure that any OLRs are appropriate in the context of the answer in which they are sent.

> On Oct 20, 2014, at 6:54 AM, dime issue tracker <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: Steve Donovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 19:01:02 +0200

That is something we talked about.  I'll add it to the deployment 
considerations section if there are no objections.

Steve