Subject: [Dime] Resolution of issue 58

From: Steve Donovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2014 13:22:18 +0200

I have added the following wording to the draft in github:

    This document assumes that there is a single source for realm-reports
    for a given realm, or that if multiple nodes can send realm reports,
    that each such node has full knowledge of the overload state of the
    entire realm.  A reacting node cannot distinguish between receiving
    realm-reports from a single node, or from multiple nodes.

    If multiple such nodes exist, they MUST ensure that realm-reports are
    kept in sync.  This includes synchronizing the sequence numbers as
    well as the reported overload state.  The method of doing so is up to
    the implementation.  One way to keep the sequence numbers in sync is
    to generate the sequence numbers based on system time.

I also corrected a previous change in the same that was missing a few 
words.  Thanks to Ulrich for pointing this out.

The original text was:

When generating sequence numbers for , the new
    sequence number MUST be greater than any sequence number in an active
    (unexpired) overload report previously sent by the reporting node.
    This property MUST hold over a reboot of the reporting node.

The new text is:

When generating sequence numbers for new overload conditions, the new
    sequence number MUST be greater than any sequence number in an active
    (unexpired) overload report previously sent by the reporting node.
    This property MUST hold over a reboot of the reporting node.

I have attached the resulting diff file.

Regards,

Steve