Subject: Re: [Dime] [dime] #67 (draft-ietf-dime-ovli): OCS for Reporting Nodes - Expiry Time

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2014 12:16:59 -0000

#67: OCS for Reporting Nodes - Expiry Time

Changes (by [email-masked]):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => fixed

Comment:

 From notes:

 Summary: in the current text describing the OCS information elements, it
 is said that Validity Duration and expiry time need to maintained, whereas
 actually only the expiry time is required to manage the OCS, this
 information element derived from the validation time received in the OLR.

 output of the discussion:
 It was agreed that OCS information discussed in the draft is given as
 illustration of data required to manage the OCS in reporting/reacting node
 and this does not imply that each of information element needs to be
 locally stored. For instance, some data element can be derived from
 others.
 It was also discussed how many times a reporting node needs to send an OLR
 with the validation duration set to "0" to indicate that the overload
 situation is over. It was agreed that the reporting node has to send the
 OLR with validation duration "0" as long as all the reacting maintaining a
 corresponding active OCS have received the OLR. If there is a way for the
 reporting node to ensure that all the nodes will receive the OLR as soon
 as sent, the OLR can be sent only once.

 Changed one editor's note in section 4.2.1.3, removed the other editor's
 note.

 Added the following to section 4.2.3:

 All OLRs sent have an expiration time calculated by adding the
                         validity-duration contained in the OLR to the time
 the message was
                         sent. Transit time for the OLR can be safely
 ignored. The
                         reporting node can ensure that all reacting nodes
 have received
                         the OLR by continuing to send it in answer
 messages until the
                         expiration time for all OLRs sent for that
 overload contition have
                         expired.

-- 
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:                           |       Owner:  draft-ietf-dime-
  [email-masked]  |  [email-masked]
     Type:  defect                   |      Status:  closed
 Priority:  minor                    |   Milestone:
Component:  draft-ietf-dime-ovli     |     Version:
 Severity:  Active WG Document       |  Resolution:  fixed
 Keywords:                           |
-------------------------------------+-------------------------------------

Ticket URL: <http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/67#comment:1>
dime <http://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>