Subject: [Dime] Ulrich suggested change number 4

From: Steve Donovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 06:48:42 -0600

Ulrich,

For your fourth suggested change:

Section 3.3, 4th and 5th paragraph:
Existing text:
    A report of type "HOST_REPORT" is sent to indicate the overload of a
    specific Diameter node for the application-id indicated in the
    transaction.  When receiving an OLR of type host, a reacting node
    applies overload abatement to what is referred to in this document as
    host-routed requests.  The reacting node applies overload abatement
    on those host-routed requests which the reacting node knows will be
    served by the server that matches the Origin-Host AVP of the received
    message that contained the received OLR of type host.

    A report of type "REALM_REPORT" applies to realm-routed requests for
    a specific realm as indicated in the Destination-Realm AVP.
Comment: While the 4th paragraph is all fine, the 5th paragraph should be aligned.
Proposal: It is proposed to replace the 5th paragraph with:
    A report of type "REALM_REPORT" is sent to indicate the overload of all
    Diameter nodes within a realm for the application-id indicated in the
    transaction.  When receiving an OLR of type realm, a reacting node
    applies overload abatement to what is referred to in this document as
    realm-routed requests.  The reacting node applies overload abatement
    on those realm-routed requests which contain  a Destination-Realm AVP
    that matches the Origin-Realm AVP of the received message that
    contained the received OLR of type realm.

I support the suggested change.

Regards,

Steve

---

From: Maria Cruz Bartolome <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 15:09:23 +0000

I agree
/MCruz

From: DiME [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Steve Donovan
Sent: martes, 09 de diciembre de 2014 13:49
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Dime] Ulrich suggested change number 4

Ulrich,

Existing text:

Regards,

Steve

---

From: Ben Campbell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 18:16:35 -0600

I am okay with either the old or the proposed text. I can construct a style argument that favors each :-)

> On Dec 10, 2014, at 9:09 AM, Maria Cruz Bartolome <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I agree
> /MCruz
>  
> _______________________________________________
> DiME mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime