Subject: [Dime] Ulrich's suggested changes 24, 25 and 26

From: Steve Donovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 08:26:58 -0600

Ulrich,

I support your suggested changes 24, 25 and 26:

Section 6.3, 1st paragraph:
Existing text:
    The OC-OLR AVP (AVP code TBD2) is of type Grouped and contains the
    information necessary to convey an overload report on an overload
    condition at the reporting node.  The OC-OLR AVP does not explicitly
    contain all information needed by the reacting node to decide whether
    a subsequent request must undergo abatement using the received
    reduction percentage.  The value of the OC-Report-Type AVP within the
    OC-OLR AVP indicates which implicit information is relevant for this
    decision (see Section 6.6).  The application the OC-OLR AVP applies
    to is the same as the Application-Id found in the Diameter message
    header.  The host or realm the OC-OLR AVP concerns is determined from
    the Origin-Host AVP and/or Origin-Realm AVP found in the
    encapsulating Diameter command.  The OC-OLR AVP is intended to be
    sent only by a reporting node.
Comment: Reduction percentage may not be used by all future algorithms.
Proposal: Replace the paragraph with:
    The OC-OLR AVP (AVP code TBD2) is of type Grouped and contains the
    information necessary to convey an overload report on an overload
    condition at the reporting node.  The OC-OLR AVP does not explicitly
    contain all information needed by the reacting node to decide whether
    a subsequent request must undergo abatement using the selected
    abatement algorithm.  The value of the OC-Report-Type AVP within the
    OC-OLR AVP indicates which implicit information is relevant for this
    decision (see Section 6.6).  The application the OC-OLR AVP applies
    to is the same as the Application-Id found in the Diameter message
    header.  The host or realm the OC-OLR AVP concerns is determined from
    the Origin-Host AVP and/or Origin-Realm AVP found in the
    encapsulating Diameter command.  The OC-OLR AVP is intended to be
    sent only by a reporting node.

Section 6.8, last character
Proposal: remove the "."

Section 8.2, last paragraph:
Existing text:
    See Section 6.2 for the initial assignment in the registry.  New
    types can be added using the Specification Required policy [RFC5226].
Comment: wrong reference.
Proposal: Replace the paragraph with:
    See Section 6.6 for the initial assignment in the registry.  New
    types can be added using the Specification Required policy [RFC5226].