Subject: [Dime] Ulrich's suggested change #17

From: Steve Donovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 2014 08:09:56 -0600

Ulrich,

For your suggested change #17:

Section 4.2.2, last paragraph:
Existing text:
    In the case that the OCS entry indicated no traffic was to be sent to
    the overloaded entity and the validity duration expires or has a
    validity duration of zero ("0"), meaning that the reporting node has
    explicitly signaled the end of the overload condition then overload
    abatement associated with the overload abatement MUST be ended in a
    controlled fashion.
Comment: If no traffic is sent, no OLR will be received, hence you cannot come out of a 100% throttling by explicit indication.
Proposal: replace the paragraph with:
    In the case that the OCS entry indicated no traffic was to be sent to
    the overloaded entity and the validity duration expires then overload
    abatement associated with the overload abatement MUST be ended in a
    controlled fashion.

I agree with the change with one additional modification - change the 
last abatement to report to make it:

    In the case that the OCS entry indicated no traffic was to be sent to
    the overloaded entity and the validity duration expires then overload
    abatement associated with the overload report MUST be ended in a
    controlled fashion.

Regards,

Steve

---

From: "Wiehe, Ulrich (NSN - DE/Munich)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2014 17:32:16 +0000

Steve,

I agree.

Ulrich

From: DiME [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of ext Steve Donovan
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2014 3:10 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Dime] Ulrich's suggested change #17

Ulrich,

I agree with the change with one additional modification - change the last abatement to report to make it:

Steve