Subject: [Dime] [Errata Held for Document Update] RFC6733 (4210)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2015 00:33:52 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been held for document update 
for RFC6733, "Diameter Base Protocol". 

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6733&eid=4210

--------------------------------------
Status: Held for Document Update
Type: Editorial

Reported by: Hans Liu <[email-masked]>
Date Reported: 2014-12-25
Held by: Benoit Claise (IESG)

Section: 5.4.3

Original Text
-------------
   The Disconnect-Cause AVP (AVP Code 273) is of type Enumerated.  A
   Diameter node MUST include this AVP in the Disconnect-Peer-Request
   message to inform the peer of the reason for its intention to shut
   down the transport connection.  The following values are supported:
      REBOOTING                         0
         A scheduled reboot is imminent.  A receiver of a DPR with
         above result code MAY attempt reconnection.
      BUSY                              1
         The peer’s internal resources are constrained, and it has
         determined that the transport connection needs to be closed.
         A receiver of a DPR with above result code SHOULD NOT attempt
         reconnection.
      DO_NOT_WANT_TO_TALK_TO_YOU        2
         The peer has determined that it does not see a need for the
         transport connection to exist, since it does not expect any
         messages to be exchanged in the near future.  A receiver of a
         DPR with above result code SHOULD NOT attempt reconnection.

Corrected Text
--------------
   The Disconnect-Cause AVP (AVP Code 273) is of type Enumerated.  A
   Diameter node MUST include this AVP in the Disconnect-Peer-Request
   message to inform the peer of the reason for its intention to shut
   down the transport connection.  The following values are supported:
      REBOOTING                         0
         A scheduled reboot is imminent.  A receiver of a DPR with
         above result code MAY attempt reconnection.
      BUSY                              1
         The internal resources are constrained, and it has
         determined that the transport connection needs to be closed.
         A receiver of a DPR with above result code SHOULD NOT attempt
         reconnection.
      DO_NOT_WANT_TO_TALK_TO_YOU        2
         The node has determined that it does not see a need for the
         transport connection to exist, since it does not expect any
         messages to be exchanged in the near future.  A receiver of a
         DPR with above result code SHOULD NOT attempt reconnection.

Notes
-----
A peer can either be a sender or receiver, depending on the contexst.

However in same section describing usage for the same AVP (description for cause), the 1st appearance represents the role of receiver, the 2nd and 3rd appearances has changed to the role of senders, it's confusing literally.

--------------------------------------
RFC6733 (draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-33)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Diameter Base Protocol
Publication Date    : October 2012
Author(s)           : V. Fajardo, Ed., J. Arkko, J. Loughney, G. Zorn, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG