Subject: [Dime] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC6733 (4234)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 2015 10:19:54 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6733,
"Diameter Base Protocol".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6733&eid=4234

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Lionel Morand <[email-masked]>

Section: 5.4

Original Text
-------------
In the last sentence of first paragraph odf the section 5.4, it is said:

   When a Diameter node disconnects one of its transport connections,
   its peer cannot know the reason for the disconnect and will most
   likely assume that a connectivity problem occurred or that the peer
   has rebooted.  In these cases, the peer may periodically attempt to
   reconnect, as stated in Section 2.1.  In the event that the
   disconnect was a result of either a shortage of internal resources or
   simply that the node in question has no intentions of forwarding any
   Diameter messages to the peer in the foreseeable future, a periodic
   connection request would not be welcomed.  The Disconnection-Reason
   AVP contains the reason the Diameter node issued the Disconnect-Peer-
   Request message.

Corrected Text
--------------
the sentence should be:

   When a Diameter node disconnects one of its transport connections,
   its peer cannot know the reason for the disconnect and will most
   likely assume that a connectivity problem occurred or that the peer
   has rebooted.  In these cases, the peer may periodically attempt to
   reconnect, as stated in Section 2.1.  In the event that the
   disconnect was a result of either a shortage of internal resources or
   simply that the node in question has no intentions of forwarding any
   Diameter messages to the peer in the foreseeable future, a periodic
   connection request would not be welcomed.  The Disconnect-Cause AVP
   contains the reason the Diameter node issued the Disconnect-Peer-
   Request message.

Notes
-----
The correct name of the AVP is "Disconnect-Cause AVP" and not "Disconnection-Reason AVP" that does not exist.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6733 (draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-33)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Diameter Base Protocol
Publication Date    : October 2012
Author(s)           : V. Fajardo, Ed., J. Arkko, J. Loughney, G. Zorn, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG