Subject: [Dime] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dime-congestion-flow-attributes-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2015 09:10:42 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

        Title           : Diameter Congestion and Filter Attributes
        Authors         : Lyle Bertz
                          Serge Manning
                          Brent Hirschman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dime-congestion-flow-attributes-02.txt
	Pages           : 10
	Date            : 2015-07-01

Abstract:
   This document defines optional Diameter attributes that can be used
   to help manage networks that use Explicit Congestion Notification
   (ECN) or Diameter traffic filters.  These new attributes allow for
   improved data traffic identification, support of ECN and minimize
   Diameter filter administration.

   RFC 5777 defines a Filter-Rule Attribute Value Pair (AVP) that
   accommodates extensions for classification, conditions and actions.
   It however, does not support traffic identification for packets using
   Explicit Congestion Notification as defined in RFC 3168 and does not
   provide specific actions when the flow(s) described by the Filter-
   Rule are congested.

   Further, a Filter-Rule can describe multiple flows but not the exact
   number of flows. Flow count and other associated data (e.g. packets)
   are not captured by Accounting applications, leaving administrators
   without useful information regarding the effectiveness or
   appropriateness of the filter definition.

   The optional attributes defined in this document are forward and
   backwards compatible with RFC 5777.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-congestion-flow-attributes/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dime-congestion-flow-attributes-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dime-congestion-flow-attributes-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/