Subject: [Dime] Protocol Action: 'Attribute-Value Pairs For Provisioning Customer Equipment Supporting IPv4-Over-IPv6 Transitional Solutions' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dime-4over6-provisioning-06.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Aug 2015 16:30:01 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Attribute-Value Pairs For Provisioning Customer Equipment Supporting
   IPv4-Over-IPv6 Transitional Solutions'
  (draft-ietf-dime-4over6-provisioning-06.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stephen Farrell, Benoit Claise and Joel
Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-4over6-provisioning/

Technical Summary

   During the transition from IPv4 to IPv6, customer equipment may have
   to support one of the various transition methods that have been
   defined for carrying IPv4 packets over IPv6.  This document
   enumerates the information that needs to be provisioned on a customer
   edge router to support a list of transition techniques based on
   tunneling IPv4 in IPv6, with a view to defining reusable components
   for a reasonable transition path between these techniques.  To the
   extent that the provisioning is done dynamically, AAA support is
   needed to provide the information to the network server responsible
   for passing the information to the customer equipment.  This document
   specifies Diameter (RFC 6733) attribute-value pairs to be used for
   that purpose.

Working Group Summary

   Don't think so. Can't tell from shepherd write-up. I don't 
   believe there's anything odd here.

Document Quality

   Quality seems fine. Not sure if implementations are planned.

Personnel

The document shepherd is Lionel Morand.
The responsible Area Director is Stephen Farrell.