Subject: [Dime] Protocol Action: 'Diameter Overload Indication Conveyance' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dime-ovli-10.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2015 08:02:31 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Diameter Overload Indication Conveyance'
  (draft-ietf-dime-ovli-10.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stephen Farrell, Benoit Claise and Joel
Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-ovli/

Technical Summary

   The document defines a solution for Diameter Overload Indication
   Conveyance. (DOIC)

Working Group Summary

   The document had a long process of working group review.  It has
   achieved consensus in the WG.

   As both WG chairs are co-authors the AD made an additional
   1-week call for comments on or off-list in case there were any
   concerns about evaluating rough consensus. There were no
   concerns expressed either on or off list.

Document Quality

   The document has not been implemented, as multiple vendors were waiting
   for IANA assignment of code points.  We expect no issues with
   implementation.  Multiple vendors have stated that they plan on
   implementing it.  The 3GPP forum is waiting on this document.

Personnel

   The document Shepherd is Alan DeKok.
   The responsible area director is Stephen Farrell.

RFC Editor Note

In section 5.2.1.3 please replace one paragraph as follows:

OLD

    If the reacting node determines that the sequence number has rolled
    over then the reacting node MUST update the matching OCS entry.  This
    can be determined by recognizing that the number has changed from
    something close to the maximum value in the OC-Sequence-Number AVP to
    something close to the minimum value in the OC-Sequence-Number AVP.

NEW:

     If the reacting node determines that the sequence number has rolled
     over then the reacting node MUST update the matching OCS entry. This
     can be determined by recognizing that the number has changed from
     a value within 1% of the maximum value in the OC-Sequence-Number AVP to
     a value within 1% of the minimum value in the OC-Sequence-Number AVP.