Subject: [Dime] DRMP: Extensibility of DRMP AVP

From: Steve Donovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 12:59:52 -0500

All,

I have received a question about whether or not the DRMP AVP should be 
extensible.

It is currently defined to be of type Enumerated.  This makes extending 
it difficult.

It is my opinion that it should NOT be extensible.  If a new set of 
priority value are identified as being needed then I think it should be 
explicitly defined as a new AVP so as to reduce potential interactions 
between the two sets of AVPs.

Are there other opinions?

Regards,

Steve

---

From: "DOLLY, MARTIN C" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2015 18:03:14 +0000

Steve,

I agree, it does not need to be extensible. 

As additional namespaces are added for RHP, additional AVPs can be added for DRMP.

Regards,

Martin

-----Original Message-----
From: DiME [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Steve Donovan
Sent: Tuesday, August 18, 2015 2:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Dime] DRMP: Extensibility of DRMP AVP

All,

I have received a question about whether or not the DRMP AVP should be extensible.

It is currently defined to be of type Enumerated.  This makes extending it difficult.

It is my opinion that it should NOT be extensible.  If a new set of priority value are identified as being needed then I think it should be explicitly defined as a new AVP so as to reduce potential interactions between the two sets of AVPs.

Regards,

Steve

_______________________________________________
DiME mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime