Subject: [Dime] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6733 (4615)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 10:54:40 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6733,
"Diameter Base Protocol".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6733&eid=4615

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Lionel Morand <[email-masked]>

Section: 7.1.5

Original Text
-------------
   DIAMETER_AVP_UNSUPPORTED 5001

      The peer received a message that contained an AVP that is not
      recognized or supported and was marked with the 'M' (Mandatory)
      bit.  A Diameter message with this error MUST contain one or more
      Failed-AVP AVPs containing the AVPs that caused the failure.

Corrected Text
--------------
   DIAMETER_AVP_UNSUPPORTED 5001

      The peer received a message that contained an AVP that is not
      recognized or supported and was marked with the 'M' (Mandatory)
      bit.  A Diameter message with this error MUST contain one 
      Failed-AVP AVP containing the AVPs that caused the failure.

Notes
-----
The RFC6733 has clarified that only one instance of Failed-AVP AVP can be present in the command answer. One Failed-AVP AVP is enough because this AVP is defined as Grouped AVP that can contain multiple AVPs. In the present case, each of the nested AVPs in the Failed-AVP AVP are the AVPs that caused the failure.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6733 (draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-33)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Diameter Base Protocol
Publication Date    : October 2012
Author(s)           : V. Fajardo, Ed., J. Arkko, J. Loughney, G. Zorn, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2016 13:48:28 -0800

I think this errata is correct.

- Jouni