Subject: [Dime] [dime] #93 (agent-overload): Use of "OC-SourceID" AVP

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 13:29:50 -0000

#93: Use of "OC-SourceID" AVP

 There is some inconsistency in the agent overload draft. The AVP
 identifying the source of the DOIC info is sometimes named "OC-SourceID
 AVP" and sometimes "SourcedID AVP". This needs to be fixed.

 In Section 5.1.2.  Reporting Node Behavior

 OLD:

    When relaying an answer message, a reporting node that supports the
    OC_PEER_REPORT feature MUST strip any SourceID AVP from the OC-
    Supported-Features AVP.

 NEW:

    When relaying an answer message, a reporting node that supports the
    OC_PEER_REPORT feature MUST strip any OC-SourceID AVP from the OC-
    Supported-Features AVP.

 In section 5.2.3.  Reacting Node Maintenance of Peer Report OCS

 OLD:

    If the DiameterID in the SourceID contained in the OLR matches the
    DiameterIdentity of the peer from which the request was received then
    the report was received from a Diameter peer.

 NEW:

    If the DiameterID in the OC-SourceID contained in the OLR matches the
    DiameterIdentity of the peer from which the request was received then
    the report was received from a Diameter peer.

 OLD:

    The OLR is for an existing overload condition if the reacting node
    has an OCS that matches the received OLR.  For a peer report-type
    this means the DiameterIdentity received in the SourceID AVP matches
    the DiameterIdentity of an existing peer report OLR.

 NEW:

    The OLR is for an existing overload condition if the reacting node
    has an OCS that matches the received OLR.  For a peer report-type
    this means the DiameterIdentity received in the OC-SourceID AVP matches
    the DiameterIdentity of an existing peer report OLR.

 OLD:

    For a peer report this means it creates an OCS entry with an
    DiameterID from the SourceID AVP in the received OC-OLR AVP.

 NEW:

    For a peer report this means it creates an OCS entry with an
    DiameterID from the OC-SourceID AVP in the received OC-OLR AVP.

 In section 6.3.  OC-SourceID

 OLD:

    The SourceID AVP (AVP code TBD2) is of type DiameterIdentity and is
    inserted by the DOIC node that either indicates support for this
    feature (in the OC-Supported-Features AVP) or that generates an OC-
    OLR AVP with a report type of peer.

    It contains the Diameter Identity of the inserting node.  This is
    used by other DOIC nodes to determine if the a peer indicated support
    this feature or inserted the peer report.

 NEW:

    The OC-SourceID AVP (AVP code TBD2) is of type DiameterIdentity and is
    inserted by the DOIC node that either indicates support for this
    feature (in the OC-Supported-Features AVP) or that generates an OC-
    OLR AVP with a report type of peer.

    It contains the Diameter Identity of the inserting node.  This is
    used by other DOIC nodes to determine if the a peer indicated support
    this feature or inserted the peer report.

-- 
--------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  Lionel
     Type:  defect                    |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                     |  Milestone:
Component:  agent-overload            |    Version:  2.0
 Severity:  Active WG Document        |   Keywords:
--------------------------------------+--------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/93>
dime <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>