Subject: [Dime] [dime] #94 (load): Definition of the SourceID AVP

From: "dime issue tracker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2016 13:50:32 -0000

#94: Definition of the SourceID AVP

 The SourceID AVP is defined in the Agent Overload draft and reused in this
 draft.

 The SourceID AVP used in this draft should identify the source of a load
 report and not a DOIC node as introduced in the Agent overload draft. Both
 AVPs are meant to be distinct.

 As a consequence, it is proposed to create a new AVP specific for
 identifying a source of load info, the Load-SourceID AVP. The following
 modifications are required:

 In section 6.1.1.  Endpoint Reporting Node Behavior

 OLD:

    The Diameter endpoint MUST include it's own DiameterIdentity in the
    Source-ID AVP included in the Load AVP.

 NEW:

    The Diameter endpoint MUST include it's own DiameterIdentity in the
    Load-SourceID AVP included in the Load AVP.

 In section 6.1.2.  Agent Reporting Node Behavior

 OLD:

    The Diameter agent MUST include it's own DiameterIdentity in the
    Source-ID AVP included in the Load AVP.

 NEW:

    The Diameter agent MUST include it's own DiameterIdentity in the
    Load-SourceID AVP included in the Load AVP.

 OLD:

    If the Diameter node receives a Load report of type PEER then the
    Diameter node MUST determine if the Load report was inserted into the
    answer message by the peer from which the message was received.  This
    is achieved by comparing the DiameterIdentity associated with the
    connection from which the message was received with the
    DiameterIdentity included in the Source-ID AVP in the Load report.

 NEW:

    If the Diameter node receives a Load report of type PEER then the
    Diameter node MUST determine if the Load report was inserted into the
    answer message by the peer from which the message was received.  This
    is achieved by comparing the DiameterIdentity associated with the
    connection from which the message was received with the
    DiameterIdentity included in the Load-SourceID AVP in the Load report.

 In section 7.1.  Load AVP

 OLD:

    The Load AVP (AVP code TBD1) is of type Grouped and is used to convey
    load information between Diameter nodes.

     Load ::= < AVP Header: TBD1 >
              [ Load-Type ]
              [ Load-Value ]
              [ SourceID ]
            * [ AVP ]

 NEW:

    The Load AVP (AVP code TBD1) is of type Grouped and is used to convey
    load information between Diameter nodes.

     Load ::= < AVP Header: TBD1 >
              [ Load-Type ]
              [ Load-Value ]
              [ Load-SourceID ]
            * [ AVP ]

 OLD:

 7.4.  SourceID AVP

    The SourceID AVP is defined in [I-D.ietf-dime-agent-overload].  It is
    used to identify the Diameter node that sent the Load report.

 NEW:

 7.4.  Load-SourceID AVP

    The Load-SourceID AVP is (AVP code TBD4) is of type DiameterIdentity.
 It contains the Diameter Identity of the node sending the Load report.

 In section 7.5.  Attribute Value Pair flag rules

                                                              +---------+
                                                              |AVP flag |
                                                              |rules    |
                                                              +----+----+
                             AVP   Section                    |    |MUST|
      Attribute Name         Code  Defined  Value Type        |MUST| NOT|
     +--------------------------------------------------------+----+----+
     |Load                   TBD1  x.1      Grouped           |    | V  |
     +--------------------------------------------------------+----+----+
     |Load-Type              TBD2  x.2      Enumerated        |    | V  |
     +--------------------------------------------------------+----+----+
     |Load-Value             TBD3  x.3      Unsigned64        |    | V  |
     +------------------------------------------------------ -+----+----+
     |SourceID               TBD4  x.4      DiameterIdentity  |    | V  |
     +--------------------------------------------------------+----+----+

 NEW:

                                                              +---------+
                                                              |AVP flag |
                                                              |rules    |
                                                              +----+----+
                             AVP   Section                    |    |MUST|
      Attribute Name         Code  Defined  Value Type        |MUST| NOT|
     +--------------------------------------------------------+----+----+
     |Load                   TBD1  7.1      Grouped           |    | V  |
     +--------------------------------------------------------+----+----+
     |Load-Type              TBD2  7.2      Enumerated        |    | V  |
     +--------------------------------------------------------+----+----+
     |Load-Value             TBD3  7.3      Unsigned64        |    | V  |
     +------------------------------------------------------ -+----+----+
     |Load-SourceID          TBD4  7.4      DiameterIdentity  |    | V  |
     +--------------------------------------------------------+----+----+

-- 
--------------------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  [email-masked]  |      Owner:  Lionel
     Type:  defect                    |     Status:  new
 Priority:  major                     |  Milestone:
Component:  load                      |    Version:  2.0
 Severity:  Active WG Document        |   Keywords:
--------------------------------------+--------------------

Ticket URL: <https://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/trac/ticket/94>
dime <https://tools.ietf.org/wg/dime/>