Subject: [Dime] Protocol Action: 'Diameter Routing Message Priority' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dime-drmp-07.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Jul 2016 12:20:28 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Diameter Routing Message Priority'
  (draft-ietf-dime-drmp-07.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stephen Farrell, Benoit Claise and Joel
Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-drmp/

Technical Summary

   When making routing and resource allocation decisions, Diameter nodes
   currently have no generic mechanism to determine the relative
   priority of Diameter messages.  This document addresses this by
   defining a mechanism to allow Diameter endpoints to indicate the
   relative priority of Diameter transactions.  With this information
   Diameter nodes can factor that priority into routing, resource
   allocation and overload abatement decisions.

Working Group Summary

   The document received a large support for adoption when 
   initiated and it has been reviewed multiple times, with 
   detailed comments and corrections. The version -03 addresses 
   the last comments received after the WGLC process. There 
   is a strong WG consensus on the content of this document, 
   with a broad range of people, including key experts. 

Document Quality

   The proposed solution has not been implemented yet, 
   as vendors are waiting for IANA AVP code value 
   assignment before implementing.  However, no issues 
   are expected with implementation. Moreover, the solution 
   defined in this document have been already introduced 
   in standard specifications defined by 3GPP. It is therefore 
   understood that the vendors implementing 3GPP 
   specifications will implement this mechanism. 

Personnel

   The document shepherd is Lionel Morand. 
   Stephen Farrell is being AD-like for this.