Subject: [Dime] Document Action: 'AVP Level Security for Non-neighboring Diameter Nodes: Scenarios and Requirements' to Informational RFC (draft-ietf-dime-e2e-sec-req-05.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2016 02:58:04 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'AVP Level Security for Non-neighboring Diameter Nodes: Scenarios and
   Requirements'
  (draft-ietf-dime-e2e-sec-req-05.txt) as Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stephen Farrell, Benoit Claise and Joel
Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-e2e-sec-req/

Summary

The document shepherd is Lionel Morand. The responsible Area Director is 
Stephen Farrell.

If Diameter provides a hop-by-hop security (using TLS, DTLS or IPSec) 
between peers, the Diameter base protocol does not provide a mechanism 
for end-to-end security.

This document describes a set of requirements for providing Diameter 
security at the level of individual Attribute-Value Pairs.

Intended Status: Informational
This document will be used to evaluate future candidate solutions.