Subject: Re: [Dime] New Version of I-D submitted - draft-bertz-dime-policygroups

From: "Bertz, Lyle T [CTO]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 13:16:36 +0000

All,

The Concepts Section has been updated per offline feedback.

Added

   This mechanism creates a compact bit pattern to be used which notes
   when a Policy Entity or Policy Group applies to to an Authorized
   User.

   An Authorized User's memberships are assigned by a Policy-Membership.
   A Policy Entity is assigned membership via a Membership-Assignment.
   Multiple assignments may be applied to an Authorized User and Policy
   Entity but they MUST have unique Membership Domain values.  It is
   also RECOMMENDED to avoid numerous Policy-Membership assignments for
   an Authorized User as it delays computation of the Policy Entities
   that should be applied to their Service.

   Memberships are matched by understanding the relationship between
   their values which are represented as sets of bits.  These
   relationships are descibed as Match-Types and are specified as set
   relations, e.g. subset, superset, etc.

   To determine if a Rule is assigned to the User the following
   conditions MUST be true at least one Membership-Assignments must
   exist where

      Policy-Membership's Membership-Domain = Membership-Assignment's

      Membership-Domain

      Policy-Membership's Membership-Value MUST satisfy the Match-Type

      for the Membership-Assignments' Membership-Value

From: Bertz, Lyle T [CTO]
Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2016 11:37 AM
To: [email-masked]' <[email-masked]>
Subject: New I-D submitted - draft-bertz-dime-policygroups

All,

I have added a new I-D for consideration.  It permits grouping by Base-Name (common in some 3GPP) function as well as membership sets (bitset memberships) that permit rules, filters and other policy entities to be used as a grouping mechanism and to support patterns for policy based provisioning.

https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bertz-dime-policygroups/

Thank you.

Lyle

________________________________
Learn more on how to switch to Sprint and save 50% on most Verizon, AT&T or T-Mobile rates. See sprint.com/50off<http://sprint.com/50off> for details.

________________________________

This e-mail may contain Sprint proprietary information intended for the sole use of the recipient(s). Any use by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender and delete all copies of the message.