Subject: [Dime] RFC 7944 on Diameter Routing Message Priority

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2016 17:03:44 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7944

        Title:      Diameter Routing Message Priority 
        Author:     S. Donovan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       August 2016
        Mailbox:    [email-masked]
        Pages:      18
        Characters: 41028
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-dime-drmp-07.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc7944

        DOI:        http://dx.doi.org/10.17487/RFC7944

When making routing and resource allocation decisions, Diameter nodes
currently have no generic mechanism to determine the relative
priority of Diameter messages.  This document addresses this by
defining a mechanism to allow Diameter endpoints to indicate the
relative priority of Diameter transactions.  With this information,
Diameter nodes can factor that priority into routing, resource
allocation, and overload abatement decisions.

This document is a product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: Jouni Korhonen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2016 10:30:51 -0700

Congrats! And big thanks to Steve driving this through to completion.

- Jouni & Lionel