Subject: [Dime] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6733 (4887)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2016 12:09:45 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6733,
"Diameter Base Protocol".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6733&eid=4887

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Mikhail Zaytsev <[email-masked]>

Section: 6.2

Original Text
-------------
 When a request is locally processed, the following procedures MUST be
   applied to create the associated answer, in addition to any
   additional procedures that MAY be discussed in the Diameter
   application defining the command:

   o  The same Hop-by-Hop Identifier in the request is used in the
      answer.

   o  The local host's identity is encoded in the Origin-Host AVP.

   o  The Destination-Host and Destination-Realm AVPs MUST NOT be
      present in the answer message.

Corrected Text
--------------
 When a request is locally processed, the following procedures MUST be
   applied to create the associated answer, in addition to any
   additional procedures that MAY be discussed in the Diameter
   application defining the command:

   o  The same Hop-by-Hop Identifier in the request is used in the
      answer.

   o  The local host's identity is encoded in the Origin-Host AVP.

   o  The local realm's identity is encoded in the Origin-Realm AVP.

   o  The Destination-Host and Destination-Realm AVPs MUST NOT be
      present in the answer message.

Notes
-----
Unlike Origin-Host AVP, it is not stated explicitly that Origin-Realm AVP MUST be encoded in the associated answer. While both these AVPs MUST be present in all Diameter messages according to their descriptions.

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6733 (draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-33)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Diameter Base Protocol
Publication Date    : October 2012
Author(s)           : V. Fajardo, Ed., J. Arkko, J. Loughney, G. Zorn, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG