Subject: [Dime] Review of draft-ietf-dime-load-07

From: Roni Even <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 01:01:34 -0800

Reviewer: Roni Even
Review result: Ready with Nits

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. The General Area
Review Team (Gen-ART) reviews all IETF documents being processed
by the IESG for the IETF Chair.  Please treat these comments just
like any other last call comments.

For more information, please see the FAQ at

<https://trac.ietf.org/trac/gen/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Document: draft-ietf-dime-load-07
Reviewer: Roni Even
Review Date: 2017-02-23
IETF LC End Date: 2017-02-27
IESG Telechat date: 2017-03-16

Summary: This draft is almost ready for publication as a standard
track RFC

Major issues:

Minor issues:

I understand that each node can calculate the load differently , the
example in figure 8 demonstrate that the agent selection may be
different if the agent aggregates load from the servers to calculate
its load or just conveys his load, possibly even that each one of the
agents will use different method. Why not mandate load calculation
using aggregated weighted loads? 

Nits/editorial comments: 
1. In section 5 paragraph 9 "The load report includes a value
indicating the load of the sending
   node relative load of the sending node, " should be just "The load
report includes a value indicating the relative load of the sending
node,"
2. In section 6.2 "weigth "
3. in the security consideration what about an endpoint in the middle
changing the host load value causing a change in the routing
decisions.