Subject: [Dime] [Technical Errata Reported] RFC6733 (4931)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2017 18:56:34 -0800 (PST)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC6733,
"Diameter Base Protocol".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=6733&eid=4931

--------------------------------------
Type: Technical
Reported by: Luiz Solis <[email-masked]>

Section: 6.1.9

Original Text
-------------
Figure 6.1 provides an example of message routing using the procedures
listed in these sections.

(Origin-Host=nas.example.net)    (Origin-Host=nas.example.net)
(Origin-Realm=example.net)       (Origin-Realm=example.net)
(Destination-Realm=example.com)  (Destination-Realm=example.com)
                                 (Route-Record=nas.example.net)

+------+      ------>      +------+      ------>      +------+
|      |     (Request)     |      |      (Request)    |      |
| NAS  +-------------------+ DRL  +-------------------+ HMS  |
|      |                   |      |                   |      |
+------+     <------       +------+     <------       +------+
example.net    (Answer)   example.net     (Answer)   example.com
(Origin-Host=hms.example.com)   (Origin-Host=hms.example.com)
(Origin-Realm=example.com)      (Origin-Realm=example.com)

       Figure 6: Routing of Diameter messages

Corrected Text
--------------
Figure 6.1 provides an example of message routing using the procedures
listed in these sections.

(Origin-Host=nas.example.net)    (Origin-Host=nas.example.net)
(Origin-Realm=example.net)       (Origin-Realm=example.net)
(Destination-Realm=example.com)  (Destination-Realm=example.com)
(Route-Record=nas.example.net)*  (Route-Record=nas.example.net)
                                 (Route-Record=drl.example.net)*
+------+      ------>      +------+      ------>      +------+
|      |     (Request)     |      |      (Request)    |      |
| NAS  +-------------------+ DRL  +-------------------+ HMS  |
|      |                   |      |                   |      |
+------+     <------       +------+     <------       +------+
example.net    (Answer)   example.net     (Answer)   example.com
(Origin-Host=hms.example.com)   (Origin-Host=hms.example.com)
(Origin-Realm=example.com)      (Origin-Realm=example.com)

*Optional.

                  Figure 6: Routing of Diameter messages

Notes
-----
The relay or proxy agent should append their own identity optionally in an additional Route-Record AVP (282).

Instructions:
-------------
This erratum is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party  
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC6733 (draft-ietf-dime-rfc3588bis-33)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Diameter Base Protocol
Publication Date    : October 2012
Author(s)           : V. Fajardo, Ed., J. Arkko, J. Loughney, G. Zorn, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Area                : Operations and Management
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG