Subject: [Dime] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dime-rfc4006bis-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 12:58:32 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions of the IETF.

        Title           : Diameter Credit-Control Application
        Authors         : Lyle Bertz
                          David Dolson
                          Yuval Lifshitz
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dime-rfc4006bis-01.txt
	Pages           : 122
	Date            : 2017-02-23

Abstract:
   This document specifies a Diameter application that can be used to
   implement real-time credit-control for a variety of end user services
   such as network access, Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) services,
   messaging services, and download services.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-rfc4006bis/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dime-rfc4006bis-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dime-rfc4006bis-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Dave Dolson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2017 21:16:26 +0000

Diameter Working Group,

Please see the newest version of RFC 4006bis, at links shown below.

These changes represent conclusions of mailing list discussions and direction from the DIME working group meeting last July.

In addition to a number of formatting issues in the -00 release, from Appendix C of the document:

   The following changes were made relative to RFC4006:

      Update references to obsolete RFC 3588 to refer to RFC 6733.

      Update references to obsolete RFC 4005 to refer to RFC 7155.

      Update references to current 3GPP documents.

      Update AVP per Errata ID 3329.

      Update reference to "IPsec or TLS" to be "TLS/TCP, DTLS/SCTP or

      IPsec".

      Clarify Filter-Rule AVP in Restrict Access Action.

      Remove Encr column from AVP flag rules.

      Clarify that RESTRICT_ACCESS action applies after consumption of

      final granted units (Section 5.6.3).

      Clarify that values in Used-Service-Unit AVP may exceed Granted-

      Service-Unit AVP (Section 8.19).

      Clarify that IPv6 representation in Redirect-Address-Type AVP

      conforms to RFC5952 (Section 8.38).

      Describe immediate graceful service termination procedure (in

      Section 5.6).

      Add extensible User-Equipment-Info-Extension AVP and included

      types (from Section 8.52 to Section 8.57).

      Add extensible Subscription-Id-Extension AVP and included types

      (from Section 8.58 to Section 8.63).

      Add extensible Redirect-Server-Extension AVP and included types

      (from Section 8.64 to Section 8.68).

      Add extensible QoS-Final-Unit-Indication AVP (in Section 8.69).

      Updated Security Section to include language consistent with

      structures of latest base protocol specification.

On behalf of the editors,

- Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: DiME [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, February 23, 2017 3:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [Dime] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dime-rfc4006bis-01.txt

        Authors         : Lyle Bertz

                          David Dolson

                          Yuval Lifshitz

                Pages           : 122

                Date            : 2017-02-23

Abstract:

_______________________________________________

DiME mailing list

[email-masked]<mailto:[email-masked]>

https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime