Subject: [Dime] I-D Action: draft-ietf-dime-doic-rate-control-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 11:58:07 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions of the IETF.

        Title           : Diameter Overload Rate Control
        Authors         : Steve Donovan
                          Eric Noel
	Filename        : draft-ietf-dime-doic-rate-control-05.txt
	Pages           : 19
	Date            : 2017-02-16

Abstract:
   This specification documents an extension to the Diameter Overload
   Indication Conveyance (DOIC) [RFC7683] base solution.  This extension
   adds a new overload control abatement algorithm.  This abatement
   algorithm allows for a DOIC reporting node to specify a maximum rate
   at which a DOIC reacting node sends Diameter requests to the DOIC
   reporting node.

Requirements

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-doic-rate-control/

There's also a htmlized version available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-dime-doic-rate-control-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-dime-doic-rate-control-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Steve Donovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Feb 2017 14:00:20 -0600

All,

I've updated the rate control draft based on comments received during 
the most recent last call.

I've attached a diff file showing the changes.

Regards,

Steve

On 2/16/17 1:58 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> DiME mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime

---

From: "jouni.nospam" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Feb 2017 15:23:25 -0800

Thanks Steve.

- Jouni

> On Feb 16, 2017, at 12:00 PM, Steve Donovan <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> All,
> 
> I've updated the rate control draft based on comments received during the most recent last call.
> 
> <Diff_ draft-ietf-dime-doic-rate-control-04.txt - draft-ietf-dime-doic-rate-control-05.txt>_______________________________________________
> DiME mailing list
> [email-masked]

---

From: Misha Zaytsev <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Feb 2017 11:43:32 +0300

Hi Steve,

I'm OK with most your edits, just some extra comments from my side:

The following comment was just partially applied. There are still section
titles that are not in an upper case.
13. Upper case in section titles for section 7.3.1, 7.3.2, 7.3.3, 8.1 and
8.2
In addition to the listed ones, section 6.3 title is also under the comment.

One new comment:

Following the procedures defined in [draft-ietf-dime-doic]

Are we talking about RFC7683 here?

All in all, I'm OK with your edits, but I still have concern about the text
taken from SIP RFC.
As I noted, I think it would be better to have it reworked deeper and not
just updated with minor changes to be aligned with DOIC concept. But it
looks this is a matter of preference...

Best regards,

/Misha

2017-02-18 2:23 GMT+03:00 jouni.nospam <[email-masked]>:

> > <Diff_ draft-ietf-dime-doic-rate-control-04.txt -
> draft-ietf-dime-doic-rate-control-05.txt>_______________
> ________________________________
> > DiME mailing list
> > [email-masked]