Subject: [Dime] Protocol Action: 'Diameter Load Information Conveyance' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-dime-load-09.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2017 18:54:15 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Diameter Load Information Conveyance'
  (draft-ietf-dime-load-09.txt) as Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Diameter Maintenance and Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are Stephen Farrell, Benoit Claise and Joel
Jaeggli.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-load/

Technical Summary

   This document defines a mechanism for conveying of Diameter load
   information. RFC7683 (DOIC) decided not to address load information
   delivery. This document fills that gap.

Working Group Summary

   The document had extensive discussion on the email reflector and there
   is working group support behind the documented solution. It is worth
   noting that Diameter experts from other SDOs (3GPP) also participated
   actively to the discussion.

Document Quality

   The specification is a natural extension to DOIC mechanism, which is 
   already adopted by 3GPP standards. 

   No specific reviews have been requested or carried out by
   different directorates. 

Personnel

   Jouni Korhonen ([email-masked]) is the document shepherd.
   Stephen Farrell ([email-masked]) is the responsible AD.