Subject: [Dime] Kathleen Moriarty's No Objection on draft-ietf-dime-load-08: (with COMMENT)

From: Kathleen Moriarty <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 13:35:04 -0700

Kathleen Moriarty has entered the following ballot position for
draft-ietf-dime-load-08: No Objection

When responding, please keep the subject line intact and reply to all
email addresses included in the To and CC lines. (Feel free to cut this
introductory paragraph, however.)

Please refer to https://www.ietf.org/iesg/statement/discuss-criteria.html
for more information about IESG DISCUSS and COMMENT positions.

The document, along with other ballot positions, can be found here:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-load/

----------------------------------------------------------------------
COMMENT:
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Since DIME doesn't have end-to-end security, shouldn't the security
considerations section mention that as well?  It seems to fit the
security considerations and would serve as a reminder of this problem.

---

From: Steve Donovan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2017 15:57:16 -0500

Kathleen,

Thanks for your review of the draft.  Please see my comments below.

Regards,

Steve

> https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-dime-load/
This was, maybe insufficiently addressed with the last sentence in the 
section:

Since Diameter currently only offers
    authentication of nodes at the transport level, any solution that
    sends load information to non-peer nodes requires a transitive-trust
    model.

I've modified it as follows:

Since Diameter currently only offers
    authentication of nodes at the transport level and does not support end-to-end
    security mechanisms, any solution that
    sends load information to non-peer nodes requires a transitive-trust
    model.

>
>
> _______________________________________________
> DiME mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dime