Subject: [dispatch] IETF-75 plans for DISPATCH

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 12:54:07 -0500

Hi all,

As mentioned previously, we are setting earlier deadlines for discussing
topics in DISPATCH to allow time for constructive discussions prior to
the WG session at IETF-75: 
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg00006.html

We are proposing to follow the deadlines for BoFs for IETF-75:
http://www.ietf.org/meetings/75/cutoff-dates.html
since we anticipate that many of the topic discussions will follow a
"mini-BoF" format, based on the DISPATCH charter:
http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/dispatch-charter.html

Thus, the following are the proposed deadlines:

May 25th - Cutoff date to notify the chairs and DISPATCH WG mailing list
of plans to submit a proposal, including the topic of the proposal. This
will help folks with similar topics to work together before the meeting.
If a preliminary charter proposal is available at this point, please
include a pointer to it.

June 8th - Cutoff for charter proposals for topics. A charter proposal
must consist of a minimum of a problem statement and at least one
milestone/deliverable. This deadline will allow time for consideration
of proposals that could potentially be "dispatched" prior to the WG
session.

June 15th - Topics that are to be the focus of IETF-75 are announced.
The idea here is to focus the discussion over the weeks preceding
IETF-75 on these main topics, noting that any updates to the documents
are due 4 weeks later.  This will ensure we have constructive
discussions before the meeting and are actually able to determine
consensus as to where work should be progressed (e.g., separate BoF, a
new WG, an existing WG, individual document, etc.) at IETF-75. Contrary
to the past approach in the SIPPING WG, we anticipate determining
consensus as to the disposition of a work item based on the level of
"commitment" by individuals to actually contribute to the work (e.g.,
conference calls, design team mailing lists, contributing text, etc.)
rather than based on "interest" in doing the work.  Note, that the exact
disposition for a topic may (per the usual process) require follow-up
and confirmation by the ADS and/or IESG (e.g., for a new WG, Bof,
individually sponsored document, etc.) or with another WG to ensure
agreement with the DISPATCH WG consensus for the topic.

Note the intention is not necessarily to preclude folks submitting
documents on other topics, however, it is very unlikely there would be
agenda time allocated to documents/topics submitted after the deadlines.
We can include one or two slides on these topics in the DISPATCH WG
chair charts, as we've done in the past in the SIPPING WG chair charts,
so that the authors can gather other interested parties to contribute to
the work. 

We appreciate the patience of the WG as we evolve the model for bringing
in new work and welcome feedback. 

Regards,
Mary and Gonzalo
DISPATCH WG co-chairs

---

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 13:13:35 -0500

Hi folks,

Just a reminder that initial proposals for topics for IETF-75 timeframe
are due on Monday, May 25th (that's next Monday). So far, we've only
received two requests on the ML:
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg00052.html (3rd
pty auth)
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg00066.html
(CLF)

There has been some discussion of profile-datasets and I've had offline
discussions with a couple of other people, but we do need those topic
summaries posted to the ML on or before Monday, May 25. 

Also, WG feedback on those topics would be extremely useful as that will
help to refine the problem statements.

Regards,
Mary
DISPATCH WG co-chair

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Barnes, Mary (RICH2:AR00)
Sent: Friday, May 08, 2009 12:54 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: [dispatch] IETF-75 plans for DISPATCH

Hi all,

Regards,
Mary and Gonzalo
DISPATCH WG co-chairs 

_______________________________________________
dispatch mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dispatch

---

From: "Christer Holmberg" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 May 2009 20:58:19 +0200

Hi,

I am planning to submit a draft later this week, which defines the SIP
requirements for the CBUS (Condition-based URI Selection) work currently
being done in OMA.

Regards,

Christer

> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mary Barnes
> Sent: 8. toukokuuta 2009 20:54
> To: [email-masked]
> As mentioned previously, we are setting earlier deadlines for 
> discussing topics in DISPATCH to allow time for constructive 
> discussions prior to the WG session at IETF-75: 
> since we anticipate that many of the topic discussions will 
> follow a "mini-BoF" format, based on the DISPATCH charter:
> May 25th - Cutoff date to notify the chairs and DISPATCH WG 
> mailing list of plans to submit a proposal, including the 
> topic of the proposal. This will help folks with similar 
> topics to work together before the meeting.
> If a preliminary charter proposal is available at this point, 
> please include a pointer to it.
> 
> June 8th - Cutoff for charter proposals for topics. A charter 
> proposal must consist of a minimum of a problem statement and 
> at least one milestone/deliverable. This deadline will allow 
> time for consideration of proposals that could potentially be 
> "dispatched" prior to the WG session.
> 
> IETF-75 on these main topics, noting that any updates to the 
> documents are due 4 weeks later.  This will ensure we have 
> constructive discussions before the meeting and are actually 
> able to determine consensus as to where work should be 
> progressed (e.g., separate BoF, a new WG, an existing WG, 
> individual document, etc.) at IETF-75. Contrary to the past 
> approach in the SIPPING WG, we anticipate determining 
> consensus as to the disposition of a work item based on the 
> level of "commitment" by individuals to actually contribute 
> to the work (e.g., conference calls, design team mailing 
> lists, contributing text, etc.) rather than based on 
> "interest" in doing the work.  Note, that the exact 
> disposition for a topic may (per the usual process) require 
> follow-up and confirmation by the ADS and/or IESG (e.g., for 
> a new WG, Bof, individually sponsored document, etc.) or with 
> another WG to ensure agreement with the DISPATCH WG consensus 
> for the topic.
> 
> Note the intention is not necessarily to preclude folks 
> submitting documents on other topics, however, it is very 
> unlikely there would be agenda time allocated to 
> documents/topics submitted after the deadlines.
> We can include one or two slides on these topics in the 
> DISPATCH WG chair charts, as we've done in the past in the 
> SIPPING WG chair charts, so that the authors can gather other 
> interested parties to contribute to the work. 
> 
> We appreciate the patience of the WG as we evolve the model 
> for bringing in new work and welcome feedback. 
> 
> Regards,
> Mary and Gonzalo
> DISPATCH WG co-chairs 
> 
>