Subject: [dispatch] comm-div-notification event package update

From: "John-Luc Bakker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 09:42:36 -0500

Hi, 

We have submitted a draft which proposes registration of an event
package, based on work ongoing in 3GPP (and TISPAN). 

(The most likely protocol output is going to be a new event package).

The document can also be found in: 

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/staging/draft-avasarala-dispatch-comm-di
v-notification-00.txt

Updates since last version:

   Changes from draft-avasarala-sipping-comm-div-notification-01
 
   o  Changed contact details for co-author Subir Saha
 
   o  Moved from SIPPING to DISPATCH WG

Regards, 

John-Luc

--- 
John-Luc Bakker 
Standards Manager 
Research In Motion 
BlackBerry: +1 (908) 463 7321 
Office: +1 (972) 373-1761 
Internal: (820) 63761 
E-mail: [email-masked] 

---------------------------------------------------------------------
This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential information, privileged material (including material protected by the solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete this information from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this transmission by unintended recipients is not authorized and may be unlawful.

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 11:23:33 -0400

John-Luc,

This sounds like a useful capability. Based on a quick scan, this 
proposal seems off to a good start.

For some of us that aren't actively involved with 3gpp, the references 
to 3gpp documents are somewhat inconvenient. Of particular note, I would 
like to see the xml schema for application/comm-div-info+xml included in 
this draft.

I'm also a bit confused, because you call for the same doc format to be 
used in both subscriptions and notifications. That at least seems odd, 
though perhaps it will become clear when I see the actual schema. Since 
it will perform a different role in these differing cases, it would be 
helpful if you could explain more about that.

Also I found the references to "user" somewhat ambiguous. I see a 
definition of Diverting User, and a note that "user" when not qualified 
should mean Diverting User. But I then also see "user" used in contexts 
discussing the subscriber.

For SUBSCRIBE, the R-URI identifies the "resource" to which a 
subscription is addressed. I would hope to see a very clear relationship 
spelled out between the subscription resource and the processing of 
requests that are "diverted". My assumption is that "diversion" is 
performed with respect to a particular R-URI in an INVITE request, and 
that to be notified of such a diversion one would need be subscribed to 
this event package addressed to the same URI. If that is so, it should 
be spelled out. And if that isn't quite what you mean then its even more 
important to spell out what you do mean.

	Thanks,
	Paul

John-Luc Bakker wrote:
> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/staging/draft-avasarala-dispatch-comm-div-notification-00.txt
> 
> This transmission (including any attachments) may contain confidential 
> information, privileged material (including material protected by the 
> solicitor-client or other applicable privileges), or constitute 
> non-public information. Any use of this information by anyone other than 
> the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this 
> transmission in error, please immediately reply to the sender and delete 
> this information from your system. Use, dissemination, distribution, or 
> reproduction of this transmission by unintended recipients is not 
> authorized and may be unlawful.
> 
> 
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> 
> _______________________________________________
> dispatch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dispatch