Subject: [dispatch] Presentation aspects of real-time text sessions

From: "Gunnar Hellstrom" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 07:13:11 +0200

A new draft on presentation of real-time text is available at
 <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hellstrom-textpreview-06.txt>
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hellstrom-textpreview-06.txt

It specifies details on how sessions with real-time text can be presented,
and how presentation protocol items can be used to control the presentation.
It also introduces some important rules to follow in order to maintain the
same contents of the conversation by the participants while they very well
may have selected different presentation layouts.

New in this version are details on how far back erasure actions are allowed,
and a new indicator differing soft-return and hard-return. There is also an
effort to align it with RFC5198 "Unicode Format for Network Interchange"

I have not found a suitable home for discussion of this draft in IETF, and
is therefore turning to Dispatch for advice.

Info on the draft:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------- 

Title : Presentation of Text Conversation in realtime and en-bloc form

Author(s) : G. Hellstrom, et al.

Filename : draft-hellstrom-textpreview-06.txt

Pages : 17

Date : 2009-07-11

This specification defines methods for presentation of a text conversation
with focus on the real-time features. The aim is to give the participants in
a conversation a good opportunity to perceive the real-time flow of the
conversation and also provide a display of the history of the conversation
that makes it easy to read. Both two-party and multi-party situations are
defined.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:

 <http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hellstrom-textpreview-06.txt>
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-hellstrom-textpreview-06.txt

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Gunnar Hellström
Omnitor
[email-masked]
Tel: +46708204288
www.omnitor.se <http://www.omnitor.se/>