Subject: [dispatch] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-08

From: Alan Johnston <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 2009 16:10:13 -0500

This revision of the document references the requirements, use cases, 
and call flows in draft-johnston-dispatch-sip-cc-uui and proposes a new 
SIP header field User-to-User. 

New to this mechanism are the "purpose" and "content" header field 
parameters which help tag and identify the UUI information carried in 
the header field.

Discussion of this mechanism, which the authors feel best meets these 
requirements, is most welcome.

Thanks,
Alan

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-08
Date: 	Thu, 2 Jul 2009 14:00:35 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	IETF I-D Submission Tool <[email-masked]>
To: 	[email-masked]
CC: 	[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui-08.txt has been successfuly submitted by Alan Johnston and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-johnston-sipping-cc-uui
Revision:	 08
Title:		 Transporting User to User Call Control Information in SIP for ISDN Interworking
Creation_date:	 2009-07-02
WG ID:		 Independent Submission
Number_of_pages: 12

Abstract:
Several approaches to transporting the ITU-T Q.931 User to User
Information Element (UU IE) data in SIP have been proposed.  As
networks move to SIP it is important that applications requiring this
data can continue to function in SIP networks as well as the ability
to interwork with this ISDN service for end-to- end transparency.
This document discusses three mechanisms to meet the requirements
defined in the Requirements for SIP Call Control UUI document.  A new
SIP header field which bests meets these requirements is proposed.

The IETF Secretariat.