Subject: [dispatch] I-D Action:draft-kuthan-dispatch-diagrevived-00.txt

From: Victor Pascual Avila <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 15:40:30 +0200

Hi Folks,

We have just submitted a draft which proposes a new header field
called Debug.  The purpose of this header field is to convey extra
debugging information that can be used to locate errors in SIP
entities involved in the processing of a SIP transaction.

Abstract:
A major responsibility of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) servers is
to provide application-layer routing.  SIP routing can be quite
complex and lead to similarly complicated paths that SIP requests
traverse on the way to their actual destinations.  It is therefore
important to be in position to troubleshoot errors that occur along a
SIP path, inside and outside troubleshooters' administrative domains.
Particularly important for the troubleshooters is knowledge of where
an error occurred in a SIP path.  This document introduces a new
header field called Debug.  The purpose of the header field is to
convey extra debugging information that can be used to locate errors
in SIP implementations involved in processing of a SIP transaction.

A temporal URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/staging/draft-kuthan-dispatch-diagrevived-00.txt

Comments are welcome!

Regards,
-- 
Victor Pascual Ávila

---

From: "Dale Worley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 14:40:52 -0400

> http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/staging/draft-kuthan-dispatch-diagrevived-00.txt

Now at http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-kuthan-dispatch-diagrevived-00.txt

Dale

---

From: Victor Pascual Avila <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 16:34:46 +0200

> Now at http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-kuthan-dispatch-diagrevived-00.txt

Thanks for the update, Dale.

We would appreciate feedback as to whether this is helpful and going
in the right direction, as well as detailed comments-- there are some
open issues (Appendix B) that we would like to get discussed (Topology
Hiding, Amount of troubleshooting information, Selective logging and
B2BUA traversal).

Cheers,
-- 
Victor Pascual Ávila