Subject: [dispatch] Nomcom info

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 04 Sep 2009 10:38:28 +0300

FYI.

Gonzalo

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Nomcom 2009-10: Reminder Call for Nominations, Local Office 
hours, Nominee Questionnaires available
Date: 	Mon, 31 Aug 2009 15:23:03 -0700 (PDT)
From: 	Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
To: 	IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>
CC: 	[email-masked]

Hi all,

This email covers 3 topics:
1) Reminder: Call for Nominations
2) New: Local Office Hours
3) New: Questionnaires available for nominees

Best Regards,
Mary Barnes
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

===============================================================================
1) Call for Nominations
------------------------
The nomination period ends in less than 3 weeks on Sept. 18th, 2009. We
appreciate the folks that have taken the time to make nominations thus
far. But, we do need more nominations. Please use the online tool to
nominate - it's easy and secure:
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/09/nominate

Details on the open positions, as well as other details and options for
making nominations are available on the Nomcom homepage:
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/09/

Please consider that the sooner you make the nominations, the more time
your nominee(s) will have to complete the necessary questionnaire (item 3
below).  As well, please consider nominating more than one person for a
particular position. You will have the opportunity to provide additional
feedback later and it's important to consider that not all nominees will
be able to accept the nomination.

2) Local office hours
-----------------------

In order to facilitate additional feedback, the Nomcom is planning to
make themselves available for office areas at various geographic locations
for 3 weeks in September, starting on the 8th.

Below please find the list of locations where Nomcom members will be
available for these f2f meetings . Unless dates are identified below, the
Nomcom member is generally available for part of the day during the weeks
of Sept 8-11, Sept 14-18 and Sept 21-25. Also, languages other than
English in which the Nomcom member is fluent are identfied.

Please contact a Nomcom member in a specific geographic location to
arrange a convenient meeting time and place. Most Nomcom members are
flexible as to meeting locations - i.e., we can travel to your office,
meet at our offices or somewhere in between.

As a reminder folks can always contact any Nomcom member to provide
feedback at anytime - i.e., you don't need to participate in these f2f
sessions to provide feedback.

Belgium:
      Dimitri Papadimitriou - [email-masked] (Sept
21-25) (Languages: French)

Boston, Mass, USA:
      Stephen Kent - [email-masked]  (Sept 16-18)

Boulder, CO, USA:
      Wassim Haddad - [email-masked] (Sept 14-18)

Dallas/Ft. Worth, TX, USA:
      Mary Barnes  - [email-masked]
      Lucy Yong - [email-masked]  (Languages: Chinese)

Helsinki, Finland:
       Simo Veikkolainen - [email-masked] (Languages: Finnish)

Ithaca, NY, USA:
       Scott Brim - [email-masked]

Montevideo, Uruguay:
       Roque Gagliano - [email-masked] (Sept 14-18, 21-25) (Languages:
Spanish, Portuguese)

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
      Wassim Haddad - [email-masked] (Sept 8-11)
      -- Can also be available in Ottawa if folks are interested

Paris, France:
       Dimitri Papadimitriou - [email-masked]
(Sept 15-18)  (Languages: French)

San Diego, CA, USA:
       Randall Gellens - [email-masked]
       Dave Crocker - [email-masked]  (Sept 16-18)

Silicon Valley/SF Bay,  CA, USA:
       Dave Crocker - [email-masked]  (Sept 8-11, Sept 14-15, Sept
21-25)
       Dorothy Gellert - [email-masked]

3) Questionnaires available for nominees:

For folks that have been notified that they have been nominated for any
of the positions, the questionnaires are now available on the Nomcom09
tools website:
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/09/iab-questionnaire
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/09/iaoc-questionnaire
https://wiki.tools.ietf.org/group/nomcom/09/iesg-questionnaire

If you have any questions, please let me know. I will be contacting
everyone individually, as well as sending reminders before the deadline.

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce