Subject: [dispatch] I-D: Referencing Earlier Communications in SIP Requests

From: Kumiko Ono <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 18:10:12 -0400

Hi,

We've submitted a new I-D, "Referencing Earlier Communications in SIP  
Requests."
You can find it at http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ono-earlier-comm-references-00 
  .

Abstract:
This document defines a SIP header extension that refers to earlier
SIP or non-SIP communication in SIP requests.  For example, this
extension allows users to correlate a SIP session with earlier
sessions or email exchanges.

The background is described in another I-D, "Using Cross-Media  
Relations to Reduce False Positives during SPIT Filtering."
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ono-cross-media-relations-00

Your comments or questions are very welcome.

Thanks,
Kumiko

---

From: "Ian Elz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 14:12:45 +0200

Kumiko,

You have not considered the use of "in-Reply-To" which is already
included in RFC3261. An extension to this is another option.

Can you include information about how a B2BUA will support this
functionality?

Ian Elz 

-----Original Message-----
From: Kumiko Ono [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 14 October 2009 23:10
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [dispatch] I-D: Referencing Earlier Communications in SIP
Requests

Hi,

We've submitted a new I-D, "Referencing Earlier Communications in SIP
Requests."
You can find it at
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ono-earlier-comm-references-00
  .

Abstract:
This document defines a SIP header extension that refers to earlier SIP
or non-SIP communication in SIP requests.  For example, this extension
allows users to correlate a SIP session with earlier sessions or email
exchanges.

The background is described in another I-D, "Using Cross-Media Relations
to Reduce False Positives during SPIT Filtering."
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ono-cross-media-relations-00

Thanks,
Kumiko

---

From: Salvatore Loreto <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 16:47:25 +0300

Hi Kumiko,

this draft could in same way be related to the discussions that is going 
on about session correlation, context-id
and disaggregated media...

one more reference in line

cheers
Sal

Kumiko Ono wrote:
> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ono-earlier-comm-references-00 .
>
> Abstract:
[Sal] In Section 4, for web transaction you could also consider the "Web 
Linking" draft : draft-nottingham-http-link-header-06
using the HTTP Link header to convey the URI or URIs .

> _______________________________________________
> dispatch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dispatch