Subject: [dispatch] IETF-77 DISPATCH WG deadlines

From: "Mary Barnes" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 14:06:28 -0600

Hi all,

The following summarizes the deadlines for discussing topics in DISPATCH
prior to the WG session at IETF-77.  

We will again work within the deadlines for BoFs:
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/cutoff-dates-2010.html#IETF77

This provides enough time to dispatch topics prior to the meeting as
appropriate - e.g., mini-bofs, official bofs, other WGs, new WGs,
mailing lists, etc. Thus, allowing us to have more focused and
constructive discussions on a smaller set of topics prior to the WG
session.  

Jan 18th, 2010. Cutoff date to notify the chairs/DISPATCH WG of plans to
submit a proposal.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

This will help folks with similar topics to work together before the
meeting. If a preliminary charter proposal is available at this point,
please include it.

Note: Jan 25th is BoF proposal request date. 

Feb 1st, 2010. Cutoff for charter proposals for topics. 
--------------------------------------------------------------

A charter proposal must consist of a minimum of a problem statement and
at least one milestone/deliverable. This deadline will allow time for
consideration of proposals that could potentially be "dispatched" prior
to the WG session.

Feb 8th, 2010. Topics that are to be the focus of IETF-77 are announced.
[AD BoF approval date]
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The idea here is to focus the discussion over the weeks preceding
IETF-77 on these main topics, noting that any new or updates to any
documents are due 3-4 weeks later.  This will ensure we have
constructive discussions before the meeting and are actually able to
determine consensus as to where work should be progressed (e.g.,
separate BoF, a new WG, an existing WG, individual document, etc.) at
IETF-77. Note, that the exact disposition for a topic may (per the usual
process) require follow-up and confirmation by the ADS and/or IESG
(e.g., for a new WG, Bof, individually sponsored document, etc.) or with
another WG to ensure agreement with the DISPATCH WG consensus for the
topic.

March 1st, 2010. -00 draft deadline.
-----------------------------------

March 8th, 2010. Draft deadline.
--------------------------------

As discussed previously, the intention is not necessarily to preclude
folks submitting documents on other topics, however, it is very unlikely
there would be agenda time allocated to documents/topics submitted after
the deadlines. We can include one or two slides on these topics in the
DISPATCH WG chair charts so that the authors can gather other interested
parties to contribute to the work. 

Regards,
Mary and Gonzalo
DISPATCH WG co-chairs