Subject: Re: [dispatch] IETF-77 DISPATCH WG deadlines

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 11:23:24 +0200

Folks,

this is just a reminder of the deadlines we are working with for the
next IETF (see email below).

Cheers,

Gonzalo

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: IETF-77 DISPATCH WG deadlines
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 21:06:28 +0100
From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
CC: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>,
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>

Hi all,

The following summarizes the deadlines for discussing topics in DISPATCH
prior to the WG session at IETF-77.

We will again work within the deadlines for BoFs:
http://www.ietf.org/meeting/cutoff-dates-2010.html#IETF77

This provides enough time to dispatch topics prior to the meeting as
appropriate - e.g., mini-bofs, official bofs, other WGs, new WGs,
mailing lists, etc. Thus, allowing us to have more focused and
constructive discussions on a smaller set of topics prior to the WG
session.

Jan 18th, 2010. Cutoff date to notify the chairs/DISPATCH WG of plans to
submit a proposal.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------

This will help folks with similar topics to work together before the
meeting. If a preliminary charter proposal is available at this point,
please include it.

Note: Jan 25th is BoF proposal request date.

Feb 1st, 2010. Cutoff for charter proposals for topics.
--------------------------------------------------------------

A charter proposal must consist of a minimum of a problem statement and
at least one milestone/deliverable. This deadline will allow time for
consideration of proposals that could potentially be "dispatched" prior
to the WG session.

Feb 8th, 2010. Topics that are to be the focus of IETF-77 are announced.
[AD BoF approval date]
------------------------------------------------------------------------

The idea here is to focus the discussion over the weeks preceding
IETF-77 on these main topics, noting that any new or updates to any
documents are due 3-4 weeks later.  This will ensure we have
constructive discussions before the meeting and are actually able to
determine consensus as to where work should be progressed (e.g.,
separate BoF, a new WG, an existing WG, individual document, etc.) at
IETF-77. Note, that the exact disposition for a topic may (per the usual
process) require follow-up and confirmation by the ADS and/or IESG
(e.g., for a new WG, Bof, individually sponsored document, etc.) or with
another WG to ensure agreement with the DISPATCH WG consensus for the
topic.

March 1st, 2010. -00 draft deadline.
-----------------------------------

March 8th, 2010. Draft deadline.
--------------------------------

As discussed previously, the intention is not necessarily to preclude
folks submitting documents on other topics, however, it is very unlikely
there would be agenda time allocated to documents/topics submitted after
the deadlines. We can include one or two slides on these topics in the
DISPATCH WG chair charts so that the authors can gather other interested
parties to contribute to the work.

Regards,
Mary and Gonzalo
DISPATCH WG co-chairs

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 13:16:26 -0600

Hi all,

We did not receive any notifications from folks that they had plans to
submit a topic proposal targetted for the IETF-77 timeframe by the Jan.18th
deadline, nor after this reminder.  Thus, the DISPATCH WG is *not* planning
to meet in Anaheim.

However, we do encourage folks to continue discussion of any topic proposals
on the mailing list since it is not necessary to have f2f discussion in
order to progress work.

As a reminder, the status of items that have been dispatched is available on
the DISPATCH WG wiki:
http://trac.tools.ietf.org/wg/dispatch/trac/wiki

Regards,
Mary
DISPATCH WG co-chair

On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 3:23 AM, Gonzalo Camarillo <
[email-masked]> wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> dispatch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dispatch
>