Subject: [dispatch] Do you have the same confusion.Thks.

From: zhipeng zhou <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 17:28:59 +0800

Dear all,
As I read the "draft-rehor-dispatch-session-recording-req" today, some
questions (confusion) remaining in my mind for a long time when I wrote my
draft "draft-zhipeng-dispatch-dynamic-adaptation" are awaked. So I like to
share them to the group and like to see whether some people can give me your
understanding.
In fact, the questions are quite basic for our standard work: how to handle
the functionlity granularity and how to define the interface.
For example, in "draft-rehor-dispatch-session-recording-req" an independent
Recorder(RS) is set outside from the media server.
As for my experience, an independent entity generally in telecom area would
permit the operators to require such devices from different vendors.
While, for how to keep a good balance for the division, is there anybody
have any good experience.
Esp. in the telecom area, the converge or division of functionalities are
quite common while somewhat I always feel not much confident whether the
change is rather reasonable. And in some standard processes, this kind of
discussion always occupy much time.
 
The second  big confusion in my mind is the interface. The standard always
needs to define new interface or new message. While in some SDOs the new
interface can be defined on XML format (logic message) and leave the
concrete carring technology to the market and some SDOs like to give detail
transport message such as some extensions of SIP.
I do feel both ways are available in practice but somehow it seems that  the
logic message format will be suitable for wider application area.
 
Totally, I just raised my rough confusion here and maybe not able to give
too many cases for my rough idea.
So, can you pls share with us your good experiences on this issue.
Thanks very much.
Zhipeng

-----------------------------------------------------

Huawei Software Technologies Co.,Ltd.

Floor 2, Building A, NO.48，Ning Nan AV.,Nanjing, P.R.of China
Zipcode:210012
E-Mail:  <mailto:[email-masked]> [email-masked]
Phone:(+86) 25-82276771
Fax:(+86) 25-82276760

Mobile:(+86) 13404162849
-----------------------------------------------------

****************************************************************************
***********************************
　　本邮件及其附件含有华为公司的保密信息，仅限于发送给上面地址中列出的个人或
群组。禁止任何其他人以任何形式使用

（包括但不限于全部或部分地泄露、复制、或散发）本邮件中的信息。

    如果您错收了本邮件，请您立即电话或邮件通知发件人并删除本邮件！
****************************************************************************
***********************************

****************************************************************************
***********************************
    This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from
HUAWEI, which is intended only for the

person or entity whose address is listed above. Any use of the information
contained herein in any way(including,

but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended

recipient(s) is prohibited. 

    If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone
or email immediately and delete it!
****************************************************************************
***********************************