Subject: Re: [dispatch] Open talk and investigation about HIP and SIP/IMS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 12:17:09 +0800

This figure is the concept and application stack for application 
independency AAA infrastructure using HIP:

|--------| |--------|   |---------|    |---------| 
|SIP App1| |SIP App2|   |NoSIPApp1|    |NoSIPApp1|
|--------| |--------|   |---------|    |---------|

|-------------------|   |------------------------|
|SIP infrastructure |   |NoSIP App infrastructure|
|-------------------|   |------------------------|

|------------------------------------------------|
|application independency AAA infrastructure(HIP)|
|------------------------------------------------|

And while we doing so, some part of SIP would be in application 
independency level, such as registration, user management, mobility 
management and so on. So, we may need a lightweight SIP.

And further, SIP application level is the same as current deployment. 
Then, SIP AS, such as conference AS and other 3pcc controller can be still 
work in the application independency AAA infrastructure.

|--------| |--------|
|SIP App1| |SIP App2|
|--------| |--------|

|-------------------|
|SIP infrastructure |
|-------------------|

===================================
 Zip    : 210012
 Tel    : 87211
 Tel2   :(+86)-025-52877211
 e_mail : [email-masked]
===================================

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.

---

From: Peter Musgrave <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 06:34:33 -0400

Hi Gao,

I am interested in the possibilities of HIP and SIP. (I can't speak to
IMS since I don't work in that area - and frankly find it all very
baffling).

There is a passing reference to HIP in the p2psip work.

How deeply to you see the interworking? Ideally in a "future perfect"
world I would like to use HITs in URLs and SDPs and then have the
socket do the NAT traversal for me as part of establishing the HIP
connection. Then NAT traversal can live in the IP stack and not in my
media/signalling code.

Regards,

Peter Musgrave