Subject: [dispatch] Open talk and investigation about HIP and SIP/IMS

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 11:55:08 +0800

Hi,

For people caring about SIP/IMS's network management level, I think one 
application independency AAA infrastructure is future direction for 
SIP/IMS. I'd like to know how many people have the same interest? If you 
have any comments/feeling/suggestion for this topic, feel free to go on.

Telecom Core Network 

IMS(IP Multimedia Subsystem) is aimed for unified user management, unified 
authentication, unified policy/charging and unified service control, but 
it is tightly coupled with SIP. While the telecom core network operators 
want to deploy any non-sip application, they find that the unified 
platform(IMS) would not be suitable. 

We may conclude from the situation that, if telecom (core network) 
operators want to make one infrastructure(unified user management, unified 
authentication, unified policy/charging and unified service control) 
suitable for any application(sip and non-sip), they need make an sip 
decoupling AAA infrastructure at first. 

Making IMS's AAA based on HIP and IMS's multimedia level still on sip, 
would make IMS's infrastructure open for any other protocol and 
application. And if the telecom (core network) operators want to embrace 
more and more non-sip application, HIP may be the only way. 

Meanwhile, Could Computing and even M2M network also can get benefit from 
such application independency AAA infrastructure:

Clouding Computing 

Some standard cloud/grid computing technology is based on Web. On the web 
platform, it is easy to bulid one AAA infrastructure and open for 
appliaction such as SOA. But if we want to build web and non-web(such as 
RAI) application on the same platform, there's the same problem IMS has. 
So, if IT industry's could computing want to embrace non-web application, 
HIP may be the same way again.

M2M Network
Machine to machine network is hot now. But it also need one application 
independency AAA infrastructure as platform for all the conceivable 
application protocols. HIP is still a good choice for it.

Thanks,

Gao

===================================
 Zip    : 210012
 Tel    : 87211
 Tel2   :(+86)-025-52877211
 e_mail : [email-masked]
===================================

--------------------------------------------------------
ZTE Information Security Notice: The information contained in this mail is solely property of the sender's organization. This mail communication is confidential. Recipients named above are obligated to maintain secrecy and are not permitted to disclose the contents of this communication to others.
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the originator of the message. Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender.
This message has been scanned for viruses and Spam by ZTE Anti-Spam system.