Subject: [dispatch] Community reviews

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 14:59:22 +0300

Hi,

as you know, the IETF processes include community reviews of drafts, WG
charters, etc. These reviews are typically announced on the IETF
announce list. Discussions are supposed to take place on both the IETF
general discussion list and the WG list.

It is important that messages are sent to both lists because there are
reviewers that are not subscribed to the WG list (e.g., ADs from other
areas) and WG contributors that are not subscribed (and do not want to
be for a number of reasons) to the IETF general discussion list.

So far, I have been taking care of forwarding emails that are only sent
to one of the lists, but, as you can imagine, it would be far better if
people took care of this themselves when sending their emails.

The thing is that IETF LCs on drafts are generally automatically sent to
both lists. However, the latest requests to review charter proposals
have only been sent to the IETF general discussion list. We will try and
make sure that future requests to review charter proposals coming from
DISPATCH are also sent to the DISPATCH list... in the meantime, please
to as suggested above.

Thanks,

Gonzalo