Subject: [dispatch] Fwd: Nomcom 2010-2011: Second Call for Volunteers

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2010 16:59:56 -0500

Hi all,

For folks that are not on the IETF announcement list, please consider
volunteering for the 2010-2011 Nomcom. This is your opportunity to
contribute to the community by participating in the selecting of the
next set of leaders (IESG, IAB, IAOC and IETF chair).

Thanks,
Mary
(as WG co-chair and Nomcom advisor for 2010-2011)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: NomCom Chair <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 4:49 PM
Subject: Nomcom 2010-2011: Second Call for Volunteers
To: IETF Announcement list <[email-masked]>

Hi all,

This is the Second call for Volunteers for the 2010-11 nomcom.  We are
just about halfway through the volunteer period so if you are considering
volunteering please do so very soon.

I am pleased to report that we have 29 volunteers thus far whose
qualifications have been confirmed by the secretariat. I have notified
each of these volunteers by email.

If you volunteered before 08:00 PDT (15:00 UTC) on June 21 to serve as a
voting member and have not received a confirmation email from me, please
re-submit and bring to my attention right away!

However, we need many more volunteers.  You have until 17:00 PDT (24:00
UTC) on July 8, 2010 to volunteer for nomcom but it is much better if you
volunteer as early as possible.  The more volunteers, the better chance we
have of choosing a random yet representative cross section of the IETF
pouplation.

As a reminder, volunteers must have attended 3 of the past 5 IETF
meetings - per RFC 3777, which means 3 of the following meetings: IETF-73,
IETF-74, IETF-75, IETF-76 and IETF-77.  If you qualify, and are willing to
forgo appointment to any of the positions for which the nominating
committee is responsible, please volunteer.

The 10 nominating committee members are selected randomly from a pool of
volunteers.  The details of the operation of nomcom may be found in RFC
3777.  The process on how to volunteer for nomcom is in the initial
announcement:  https://datatracker.ietf.org/ann/nomcom/2330/

The lists of open positions and people whose terms end in March 2011 and
thus the positions for which the nominating committee is responsible are
summarized in the initial announcement:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/ann/nomcom/2330/

The 29 volunteers who have thus far been qualified by the secretariat
are:

Fred Baker, Cisco Systems

Stephan Wenger, Vidyo, Inc.

Marc Blanchet, Viagenie

Lixia Zhang, UCLA

John Drake, Juniper Networks

Ole Troan, Cisco

Jiankang Yao, CNNIC

Wassim Haddad, Ericsson

Yi Zhao, Huawei USA

Teemu Savolainen, Nokia

Jouni Korhonen, Nokia Siemens Networks

Mehmet Ersue, Nokia Siemens Networks

Christian Schmidt, Nokia Siemens Networks

Stephen Hanna, Juniper Networks

Suresh Krishnan, Ericsson

Eric Gray, Ericsson

David Sinicrope, Ericsson

Jan Melen, Ericsson

Richard Barnes, BBN Technologies

Hugo Salgado Hernandez, NIC Chile

Ning Zong, Huawei Technologies

Qin Wu, Huawei Technologies

Karen Seo, BBN Technologies

Haibin Song, Huawei Technologies

Susan Hares, Huawei Technologies

Tony Hansen. AT&T Labs

Fuqing Huang, Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.

Huub van Helvoort, Huawei Technologies

Miya Kohno, Juniper Networks

The primary activity for this nomcom will begin just prior to IETF-78 in
Maastricht and should be completed in early January 2011.  The nomcom will
be collecting requirements from the community, as well as talking to
candidates and to community members about candidates. There will be weekly
conference calls to ensure progress. Thus, being a nomcom member does
require some time commitment.

While, there is no requirement in RFC 3777 that a participant attend IETF
meetings while serving on nomcom, please consider that during the IETF
meetings, people that do not attend would be expected to remotely
participate during the day in the time zones of the meeting locations -
Maastricht at the end of July and Beijing in November.

If you are not yet sure you would like to volunteer, please consider that
nomcom members play a very important role in shaping the leadership of the
IETF.  Ensuring the leadership of the IETF is fair and balanced and
comprised of those who can lead the IETF in the right direction is an
important responsibility that rests on the IETF participants at large.
Volunteering for the nomcom is a good way of contributing in that
direction.

Please volunteer by sending an email before:
17:00 PDT (24:00 UTC) July 8, 2010 as follows:

To: [email-masked]
Subject: Nomcom 2010-11 Volunteer

Please include the following information in the body:

<Your Full Name>  // As you enter in the IETF Registration Form,
                 // First/Given name followed by Last/Family Name

<Current Primary Affiliation>
                 // typically what goes in the Company field
                 // in the IETF Registration Form

[<all email addresses used to Register for the past 5 IETF meetings>]
<Preferred email address>  //

<Telephone number>         // For confirmation if selected

Please expect an email response from me within 3 days stating whether or
not you are qualified.  If you don't receive a response, please re-send
your email with the tag "Duplicate:" added to the subject line.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you,

Thomas Walsh
Chair, Nomcom 2010-11
Email: [email-masked]

_______________________________________________
IETF-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce