Subject: [dispatch] DISPATCH-78 topics

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2010 16:43:59 -0500

Hi all,

Per the reminder posted on the ML on May 4th and as listed on the
DISPATCH WG wiki, charter proposals for the topics to be
handled/dispatched prior to and at IETF-78 were due on May 31st.

We received charter proposals (problem statements/deliverables) for the
following, with links to most recent charter proposals and discussion threads.

o Session-ID:  updated charter proposal available
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg01967.html

o Telepresence:  updated charter proposal available
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg01936.html

o VIPR:  charter proposal
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg01930.html

o TEL URI WG proposal:  discussion to focus on problem statement and scope
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/dispatch/current/msg01920.html

The above items are the current targets for IETF-78 discussions.  Based
on those discussions, agenda time will be allocated, items dispatched
and adhocs scheduled as appropriate. Note, that the minimum time we
would allocate to a topic is 30 minutes and some may warrant 45
minutes. If we schedule adhocs, we will try to have those announced
around the time the agenda is finalized.

The following items have also been discussed on the mailing list, but
are not yet ready for dispatching:

o NGN Reason: Some interest. Needs more discussion and scoping.
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jesske-dispatch-reason-in-responses/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-jesske-dispatch-req-reason-in-responses/

o PAN - wait for more energy
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-lawrence-sipforum-provider-alias/

o  ACH - ACH analysis draft to happen as part of BLISS wind down
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-bliss-ach-analysis/

o  ACH - HTTP API docs - need some hallway discussions
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-yusef-dispatch-ach-rest-api/

o  Media security - needs additional ML discussion
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-dawes-dispatch-mediasec-parameter/

o Communication diversion and barring notification - feedback thus far
needs to be considered - i.e, problem statement to be clarified and
alternate solutions to be consider (Note: IPR on the communication
diversion draft)
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-avasarala-dispatch-comm-div-notification/
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/-avasarala-dispatch-comm-barring-notification/

As a reminder, the following are the cutoffs for drafts, so please make
sure that any drafts relevant to the topic are submitted prior to those
deadlines:
* - 00 documents:  July 5th (< 4 weeks)
* all other documents: July 12th (< 5 weeks)

Please keep in mind that the focus of discussions should be the problem
statement, scope and proposed deliverables for the topic.

As a reminder, items can be dispatched without being discussed at a f2f
meeting and the most effective way to achieve this is to have problem
statements, scope of topics and any relevant documents available for
discussion, rather than documents focusing on solutions.

Please, let the chairs know if there are any concerns.

Thanks,
Mary Barnes and Cullen Jennings
DISPATCH WG chairs

---

From: Laura Liess <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 2010 09:19:49 +0200

Hi Mary, Gonzalo,

What about the Alert-Info URN?  We had a lot of discussion about the
charter and name, my opinion was that we had consensus on the charter.
Dale would chair the WG.  I intend to submit a new draft version by
the end of June.
I also sent to you an e-mail some time ago asking for a time slot for
discussion in Masstricht. Is it anything I missed to do to get agenda
time?

Thanks a lot
Laura

2010/6/8 Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>:
> _______________________________________________
> dispatch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dispatch
>