Subject: [dispatch] Save the Date for SIPNOC US 2012!

From: "Richard Shockey" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2011 12:38:24 -0500

FYI .

The SIP Forum has announced that it will host the second annual SIP Network
Operators Conference (SIPNOC US 2012), a two-day educational conference
focusing on the challenges and opportunities related to the deployment of
SIP-based carrier services globally. SIPNOC US 2012 will be held in Herndon,
VA on June 25-27, 2012 and will build on the success of the inaugural event
last spring, which attracted leading technical and operations personnel from
the global carrier community and earned high praise from attendees for its
educational, non-commercial and technical content that focused on the
real-world challenges operators face when deploying SIP services in global
IP networks. Unlike other events, this conference is designed for SIP
network operations personnel, such as NOC engineers and network architects,
instead of a high-level conference for marketing executives. 

SIPNOC US 2012 will build on themes first discussed at last year's inaugural
event: addressing issues critical to the reliable and successful deployment
and operation of SIP-based services in carrier networks and the
opportunities that come with it. Among the topics expected to be on the
agenda at this year's conference are SIP trunking interoperability and the
SIP Forum's recently ratified SIPconnect 1.1 technical specification, Fax
over Internet protocol (FoIP) interworking, implementing SIP with IPv6,
security, testing, application development, call routing and peering,
troubleshooting and monitoring, emergency services, and the sharing of best
practices for the utilization of Wireshark for network diagnostics within IP
network environments. 

The event will focus on the needs of service providers of all stripes,
including telecommunications providers, major backbone operators,
interconnect and wholesale solution providers, ISPs, cable operators,
wireless network operators as well as large enterprises deploying major SIP
initiatives. 

To access the full text of the SIPNOC US 2012 "Save the Date" Announcement,
please click HERE <http://www.sipforum.org/content/view/384/171/> .

The presentations given at the inaugural SIPNOC 2011 event have been posted
to the SIPNOC document repository, and are available for viewing HERE
<http://www.sipforum.org/component/option,com_docman/task,cat_view/gid,111/I
temid,261/> .

For more information about SIPNOC US 2012, please visit the event webpage
HERE. <http://www.sipnoc.org> 

*************************

Marc Robins

President and Managing Director

SIP Forum

 <http://www.sipforum.org/> http://www.sipforum.org

Tel: 718-548-7245

Mobile: 203-829-6307

SkypeMe! marcrobins

*************************

Richard Shockey
Shockey Consulting
Chairman of the Board of Directors SIP Forum
PSTN Mobile: +1 703.593.2683
<mailto:richard(at)shockey.us>
skype-linkedin-facebook: rshockey101
http//www.sipforum.org