Subject: [dispatch] Announcing Media Stream Selection

From: Magnus Westerlund <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 10:19:03 +0100

WG,

Media Stream Selection is a proposal for adding media stream selection
functionality to BFCP. The functionality is focused on enabling
centralized conferencing end-points to influence the centralized media
server on which of the available media streams that are delivered. This
are important functionality for example in video conferencing where an
end-point has limitations in the number of simultaneous media stream it
can receive and process. To make the conferencing efficient the
end-point should have both the option of using the servers selection
algorithms and choose to use manual control that one or more media
stream is to be delivered or never delivered.

As this media stream selection is closely related but in some sense the
reverse of floor control we find it logical that this is done as a
extension functionality block to BFCP.

The goal we have in dispatch is to determine if this is suitable as an
expansion of the BFCPbis WG's charter.

The draft:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-westerlund-dispatch-stream-selection/

Cheers

Magnus Westerlund

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Multimedia Technologies, Ericsson Research EAB/TVM
----------------------------------------------------------------------
Ericsson AB                | Phone  +46 10 7148287
Färögatan 6                | Mobile +46 73 0949079
SE-164 80 Stockholm, Sweden| mailto: [email-masked]
----------------------------------------------------------------------