Subject: [dispatch] Update on Security etc

From: Samir Srivastava <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 00:27:06 -0800

Hi

I submitted below draft, but didn't hear anything on the list.

http://www.ietf.org/id/draft-srivastava-dispatch-avoidance-of-threats-00.txt

  I got some feedback from my personal invitation, so I am putting it here
as the update timeline is closed.

1) Why  3.2 work is brought to IETF as IETF is for concrete protocol
development.

   If 3.2 is acceptable by Technocrats, then it is easier to take to law /
policy makers. If proposal doesn't passes the engineering gate, then  no
point to take to the law/policy makers. So I am seeking the engineeriners
feedback to break the ideas with threat scenarios etc.

  If 3.2 is accepted at the high level, then we need to work on the
concrete protocol item
  A) How to use/extend etc work of SIPREC group for complete multimedia
recordings.
  B) If Cashless Economy work is accepted at the high level, then do we
need SIP extensions for Business transactions. There was a draft from
Cullen for SIP payment etc as a possible solution for SPAM problem.

2) I am waiting for the acknowldged party to disclose if they know any IPRs
etc.  If IPR makes this work Controversial for IETF.

3) Complete multimedia Recordings might make "Prision Always" etc. IMHO,
recordings are shared after the classification with the consent from
concerned parties. Law enforecement folks can look into the recordings
after proper legal (as per laws of geographic regions) authorization only,
It just makes sure that PRIVACY CANNOT BE MISUSED.

4) If 3.2 fails here then we need to address issues brought to unanswered
issues listed in section 2.

Regards
Samir Srivastava