Subject: [dispatch] Fwd: I-D Action: draft-christou-sip-xmpp-interop-00.txt

From: "Christou, Christos [USA]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 02:05:09 +0000

All,

We have submitted a draft that describes the different types of SIP to XMPP interoperability use cases.  It primarily serves as an overview type of document to define the different SIP and XMPP use cases that might exist among Service Providers and implementers. In addition, it points to other documents (e.g., CUSAX, SIP-XMPP interworking documents) where the relevant interworking functions are defined.

Please provide any feedback for this document, especially as we continue to finalize the SIP-XMPP Interworking and CUSAX docs.

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: I-D Action: draft-christou-sip-xmpp-interop-00.txt
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 18:50:12 -0700
From: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.

	Title           : Interoperability between the Session Initiation
Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP)
	Author(s)       : Chris Christou
                          Michael Lundberg
                          Christopher Ross
                          Peter Saint-Andre
	Filename        : draft-christou-sip-xmpp-interop-00.txt
	Pages           : 7
	Date            : 2013-03-10

Abstract:
   This document is intended to serve as a reference point for
   developers and operators implementing the Session Initiation Protocol
   (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP)
   within their networks.  This document does not define any new
   protocols but does define the different reference models for
   deployment of combined use of SIP and XMPP ("CUSAX") clients and SIP-
   XMPP interworking to ensure consistency across the community.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-christou-sip-xmpp-interop

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-christou-sip-xmpp-interop-00

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce
Internet-Draft directories: http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 14 Mar 2013 19:58:46 +0800

Hi,

I think this document is good as an overview.

I have another case for you - a variant of both 2.2 and 2.3:

User Brings own Client(s): each user is free to bring his own client, 
with some constraints over which clients will work at all, or will 
provide an acceptable user experience. Here the guidance is mostly 
intended for the developers of "open" clients.

	Thanks,
	Paul

On 3/12/13 10:05 AM, Christou, Christos [USA] wrote:
> dispatch mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/dispatch
>