Subject: [dispatch] MSRP over WebRTC

From: Peter Dunkley <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 12:27:57 +0100

Hello DISPATCHers,

There is new draft for MSRP over WebRTC.  This is a very early (and not 
yet implementable) draft due to the current state of the WebRTC Data 
Channel work.

This draft is a companion to draft-pd-dispatch-msrp-websocket as I 
believe that MSRP over WebSocket and MSRP over WebRTC are complementary 
technologies that are each suited to different use-cases.

Support for MSRP over WebRTC will be added to the Crocodile MSRP stack 
(http://code.google.com/p/crocodile-msrp/) once reliable WebRTC Data 
Channels become available in Chrome or Firefox.  At this point the stack 
will support both MSRP over WebSocket and MSRP over WebRTC through a 
single API.

Although this draft makes use of WebRTC I think it belongs in DISPATCH 
as this is where changes and updates to MSRP are discussed.

Regards,

Peter

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-pd-msrp-webrtc-00.txt
Date: 	Fri, 10 May 2013 04:14:32 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Peter Dunkley <[email-masked]>, Gavin Llewellyn 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-pd-msrp-webrtc-00.txt
has been successfully submitted by Peter Dunkley and posted to the
IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-pd-msrp-webrtc
Revision:	 00
Title:		 The WebRTC Data Channel as a Transport for the Message Session Relay Protocol (MSRP)
Creation date:	 2013-05-10
Group:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 10
URL:             http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-pd-msrp-webrtc-00.txt
Status:          http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-pd-msrp-webrtc
Htmlized:        http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-pd-msrp-webrtc-00

Abstract:
    The WebRTC Data Channel enables two-way real-time communication
    between browsers.  This document updates normatively updates RFC 4975
    to add support for WebRTC Data Channel as a transport for MSRP
    (Message Session Relay Protocol).  This will enable secure, low-
    latency, structured peer-to-peer messaging between WebRTC end-points.

The IETF Secretariat